- Last post
- 28 Responses
Cool site / idea
The last desperate gasps of a form of fast food industry, in demise.
McDonalds will be doing as much as it can to copy the methods of Chipotle and the PremiumBurger companies, in Western countries, at least. It'll have to improve its fayre, at least ostensibly, actually making their food not taste like the result of 40 years of cynical industrialisation.
if it doesn't, it's dead in the water.
Burger King appear to be even further behind the curve, if they think this response has any merit.
- Now I'm tempted to go to McDonalds and buy one of their awful burgers, which I'll regret eating after 5 minutes, like I do every fortnight or so.detritus
- I prefer BK.ernexbcn
- Did you read the part this was for the world peace day?ernexbcn
- (and just for 1 day, in Atlanta, if McDonald's accepts)ernexbcn
- I used to prefer BK, but their food has gone to shit over the last decade, and their outlets left run by shit-fingered moth-breathers.detritus
- moth breather? holy fuck.detritus
- Yea, it's for world peace day. Ah, those ever so generous health destroying corporations.set
- It's a clever marketing campaign for sure and it works whether the McWhopper is realized or notmonospaced
This is so fuckn awesome,
I can believe it took that many years for a a bunch of geniuses to come out with such an amazing idea. putting together two failing corporation to create such an inspiring burger, just like pepsicola, applbet,
I'm crying right now, I'm so happy :)
Long live Wimpy
- haha gone but not forgotten!cruddlebub
- There's still the odd one about, isn't there?set
- Sad though, used to love a good wimpy. Open kitchen!set
- Don't they only exist in market towns now?goldieboy
what are they going to do to get all that fecal mater out of their burgers.?
Never change QBN.
I don't give a shit about a McWhopper, or the demise or success of the fast food chains... but long live creative advertising.
'Desperation Marketing', more like.
- they want you to eat shit on peace day. i'm insulted.yurimon
- What I mean is that some creative people at an agency came up with this, and my opinion is that it's creative.monospaced
- They pitched it, had fun with it, and made a nice site. It's good work, in my opinion. Desperate or not.monospaced
- yurimon, we get it, you never eat red meatmonospaced
- ground beef from fast food. you dont get it man you never get it.yurimon
- the link you posted didn't specify only fast food, it was a study from ground beef purchased raw at storesmonospaced
- also, you're the one bringing the feces matter into a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with it, you fucking jerk, so don't tell me I don't get itmonospaced
- i know there is a greatest chance there is feces in it so their advertising failed.yurimon
- the two aren't relatedmonospaced
- you two sound like a married couple.sureshot
About as exciting as a Pepsi/Coke hybrid
They should proposed this for sometime in the 2020s, because that's how long it will take for each side's lawyers to reach an agreement on this.
The site is great, dont get the point of it though. Although neither is doing as well as they once were, both are still making a ton of money and not merging anytime soon.
- You don't get the point of it?set
- it's just for one day, on 1 location in Atlanta made up just for this and to celebrate the world peace dayernexbcn
The site is really well done.
- Wow its a tumblr site.instrmntl
- So why dont you build one like it if its that easy?CygnusZero4
McDonald's replied on Facebook
- ahahah the comments are awesome,
they just shot themselves in the faceGeorgesII
- ahahah the comments are awesome,
yeaaah this dream could actually become true
this from the cunt responsible for more death due to obesity,
how about you fight obesity in children asshole
Dear Burger King,
Inspiration for a good cause... great idea.
We love the intention but think our two brands could do something bigger to make a difference.
We commit to raise awareness worldwide, perhaps you’ll join us in a meaningful global effort?
And every day, let's acknowledge that between us there is simply a friendly business competition and certainly not the unequaled circumstances of the real pain and suffering of war.
We’ll be in touch.
-Steve, McDonald’s CEO
I wonder if BK knew McDonald's would decline and realised it would be even better PR for BK when they did.
- Why eat with a clown when you could dine with a kinggilgamush
- ^ lolernexbcn
All this marketing & PR is sickening. Really.
....Almost as sickening as both companies' junk food.
- yet, it's nothing newmonospaced
Thing that still blow my mind is that they run this page on tumblr
- yea, thats really amazingfeel
- as someone who isn't really privy to web platforms... what's wrong with tumblr?monospaced
- the thing is I tought tumblr was just for posting pictures, not taking care of assets for that kind of websitefeel
This is really just a subliminal way to show that the Whopper has a larger patty & bun than the Big Mac.
Both burgers are shit.
- secret sauce™monospaced