- Last post
- 23 Responses
If a crazy muslim murders someone he's a terrorist, islam is bad and religion sucks.
But a white atheist, murders 3 young students, he's just a psychopath, it doesn't have any news value and "oh no you can't blame atheism for this."
No I'm blaming atheism, I'm blaming you my atheist friend who doesn't spit out your hatred wrapped in logical fallacy, on my religion at every chance.
So, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto"
Some Islamist terrorists are terrorists acting in the name of their religion. Obviously they're not all terrorists, and not all all their violence is motivated by the the Islamic religion, but we have to be clear that sometimes it simply is a religious motive.
In this case, I'm not entirely convinced this shooting was motivated by atheism as much as it was a hate for Islamic people in his building. Yes, it raises a level of terror, but he didn't do it to make a propaganda video and he didn't scream out "in the name of atheism" while he shot them.
- lol mono, how about we just call it terrorism and we're done, no need for video, no need for excuse, jus'terrismGeorgesII
- sure, it can be called terrorismmonospaced
- but I was really referencing the OP about religionmonospaced
- yeah because atheist have never cause mass genocide, but that's for another debate,GeorgesII
- they have... I'm not denying it. I'm just not convinced this one was motivated by atheism.monospaced
- I think it was a hate crime, a form of terrorism I suppose, but certainly not an arm of "militant atheism"monospaced
- Georges, just like you I like a good discussion. But sometimes you make me feel like I cannot express an opinion :(monospaced
Obviously you're hurting or just angry but shifting prejudice from one group to another accomplishes nothing.
I think the fact that it does not necessarily suggest that more of the same will happen again if it is not address made the media feel it wasn't as big a threat as someone claiming to be part of a group willing to do this everywhere all over the world.
However, yes it is very wrong that someone killed targeted victims and it should warrant the same media coverage as if it was the other way around.
Sadly though if we were going to start posting every horrific event that the media like to ignore then this place would soon become very depressing with the worlds truths, esp in Africa.
In short, it is horrible that it happened. More should be done to tackle mental health and to educate people that not all that follow religion (of any kind) have the same values as others with the same religion title.
- Ah, typo and grammar fail but you get my point. I feel most here would agree the media are bias in every aspect.sem
- lol, everytime it0s a white person, it's always mental health, or some other bs, can we just stop with the bsGeorgesII
- I would blame mental health for any extremely violent behaviour. And for extremist recruitment also.sem
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
Well, the stories I have read indicated he was atheist and he disliked all organized religion. So... seems like they assume it as motive, even without confirmation of that fact.
Also poor reported and can be misconstrued, since atheism denies the existence of deities, but does not necessarily incur hatred for any religion. So I see poor and biased reporting here too.
So, are you actually reading the western news, or are you reading your local news SAYING western news is doing a poor job? Bias on a bias, perhaps?
Why hasnt islam been banned yet? Fucking sensitive babies.
^^^DURR I CAN HAZ OPINIONZ
- your country produced justin bieber. im not surprised at all that you support islam.CygnusZero4
- LOL yeah cause you're only wrong if I'm a supporter of Islam. Troll hardereighteen
- btw making fun of Canadians REALLY hurt my feelings I think I am going to cry noweighteen
- How is that "the other way around"??eighteen
- And the Nazi Swastika to the rightorganicgrid
- @80, if it was mohamed from libya, he would have been classified as a terrorist, but he's just some white pride atheist :(GeorgesII
- he's not just an atheist, he's white pride which is part of a hate group descended from nazismonospaced
- atheism and white pride / nazi are quite differentmonospaced
- lol, mono please tell me more about a movement you apparently know a lot aboutGeorgesII
- dude, what? I'm just saying that atheism is separate from racismmonospaced
- this guy clearly was a white supremecist, and I think that was his motivation, not his atheismmonospaced
- also, why are you making fun of me... aren't you always complaining that people attack you for having an opinion?monospaced
- Georges, YOU tell us about white supremacists then. You can;t claim someone knows less, if you don;t know more.ETM
- < calm downfadein11
- LOL, calm down people, all I'm saying that if that guy was a christian, everyone would jump on his faith, but because he's an atheist, he's just some white sup crazy cook, @mono, didn't think I was attacking you, did I insult you?GeorgesII
- atheist, he's just some white sup crazy cook, @mono, didn't think I was attacking you, did I insult you?GeorgesII
- I felt like you've been mocking me, and you are laughing at everything I say. :(monospaced
What about the western media's love for the 'Lone Wolf' term? That implies motives without a connection to a terrorist group.
I'm not seeing enough hate for CygnusZero here
I read that there was a history of them arguing over parking spaces.
YEah its not clear what really motivated this but I agree with the article's point that if the attacker was Muslim it would be plastered across the news and more proof that we are under attack by terrorist.
Well, I am sure that narrative will change once there are organized groups of atheists terrorizing people en masse.
- < thisHijoDMaite
- Well, atheist stalin and mao did kill millions of their own citizen, but that's in the past so, alles gutGeorgesII
- That won't happen until the west bombs the shit our of their families and communities for financial motives.fadein11
- You mean the east, but I fully agree.ETM
A religion is defined as: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
A singular belief (no deities) defines a whole religion? Well I tell you, when they don't congregate on Sunday there won't be much to not discuss.
Also the atheist bible is quite short:
Thou shalt not believe in deities. Thou shalt be a smug cunt when in the presence of those of other beliefs, because you have the answers.
Isn't the real common thread here America? Seems like every other week another American snaps and goes on a mass killing spree. My friends at the NRA tell me it has nothing to do with guns so maybe there is some deep rooted flaw in the American belief system.