- Last post
- 39 Responses
not sure making jokes is appropriate right now...
A seige is a bit like a siege, btw.
Prepare for 5 min of news stretched out to 3 days coverage. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
VICE: "The flag was identified as the Shahada, a flag used by sunni jihadist groups like Islamic State, Al-Shabab and Al-Qaeda. The text on the flag is the pledge of faith for Sunni muslims, "there is no god but Allah and muhammad is his prophet."
cancer of the human race
I'm in my office around the corner... City is deserted...
Sydney sider here.
Woke up to tweets on phone about #martinplace (our central business district), 5 missed calls from friends that work in the area.
I knew something went down instantly.
These dog cunts. I am an armed citizen. I want to storm into that place myself and save every single person and throw that guy into a cell for eternity.
It is times like this I wish Australia had carry/conceal laws. Those innocent hostages would not be in this position.
Thanks Tony Abbott for getting involved in someone elses fight, and bringing these sorts of terror acts to Australia.
*Loads firearm and walks towards Martin Place*
Die you IS dog CUNTS
- My blood is boilingrabbit
- the perfect reaction,
sit down kid and think about it for a secgeorgesIII
- no. i was just screaming what was coming to him. you do this, you die.rabbit
- easy tiger... knee jerk reactions and anger dont help the problem - look at America - then do the opposite.fadein11
Should the media be showing all the police, where they are, how many there are and what they're armed with? Aussie commerical media is fuckwit-central at the best of times so I imagine not.
- the media LOVE this. Drama. Ratings. Content. Cash money.inteliboy
- Live news medias are living for those events. This is pure gold for them.benfal99
- < Agreed. Was just thinking the same thing. Who knows what is about to happen. Could be the distraction to entice then the real event etc etc. Also ppl from sidelines in city, GTFO this is not a fun little show.rabbit
- real event occurs.rabbit
Just finished watching the last 4 episode of Homeland. Fiction is meeting up with reality...
^ I wish we had Carrie Mathison in charge rather than Abbot the action-monkey.
this smells of false flag (call me a conspiracy theorist... I ain't skeered)... The markings of the items being hung and worn in the chocolate shop don't seem to mix... something about sunni headbands and a shia flag
- same day as budget deficit of $40.1b announced-kappa-
- it could also just simply be copycats or 'newbs' (converts) to the gamePonyBoy
- seems amateur and unorganised.-kappa-
- < I dont disagree. Something about pushing the new metadata internet retention legislation through, which is currently under review by an independant org. ;)rabbit
- currently under review by an ind. org.rabbit
- fuck off you paranoid cuntsBusterBoy
- it's so predictable it's getting annoying,georgesIII
- There are no terrorists, only false flags.wagshaft
Dunno about false flag but whenever the media sensationalize and fear monger an incident like this they are giving the terrorists exactly what they want.
IMO it would be best to view it as no different from any other violent incident. Tragic but would be a mistake to think you are under threat just because one violent nutcase takes action like this.
"One of the intercepts, heavily reported by Australian media leading to the raids, was an alleged plot to carry out a beheading in Martins Place," Al Jazeera's Thomas said.
"The markings of the items being hung and worn in the chocolate shop don't seem to mix... something about sunni headbands and a shia flag"
Yeah because if the Australian government were going to treacherously terrorize their own people, I'm sure its secret service would allow for such blatant, obvious fuck ups, right?
Idiots said the same shit when the attacks on Canadian parliament happened back in November.
- people / groups /governments that want war or to divert your attention from something else have been known to cause or...PonyBoy
- ... allow such events as what's happening in Sydney to occurPonyBoy
- Also... it doesn't have to be Australia doing this. Regardless- if sunni and shia garb are both being used something is screwyPonyBoy
Poor people in this café, they're gonna be traumatized if they grt out alive.
Time to go to sleep here, i just hope i wont wake up tomorrow morning with the news of a blood bath over there.
Woke up to this on every news channel today. How terrifying.
I dreamed i was an hostage in a public place with many other people. In my dream I was waiting for an opening to attack the terrorist with a few kung fu moves... Eye-gouging with a biu-jee followed by a chop-choi in the throat and finished with an elbow strike that broke the cheek bone...
I hope someday someone will manage to do this. But I know the fear makes you freeze in place.
It's crazy when you think about it, 1 guy vs 20-40 people and no one can make a move because of the fear. I'm pretty sure there were openings for an attack at moments from the hostages. I dont say I would try something, i would probably freeze in fear too.
- fear of death is powerfulmonospaced
- and the fear of risking those other 20-40 people's lives in an attempt is strong toomonospaced
- i know. but I'm sure there are opening for it. and he have a hunting gun, not an automatic riffle.benfal99
- but i know. easier to tell than do.benfal99