- Last post
- 11 Responses
I'll be moving to New York August 1st and I'm looking for a 1br apartment either Williamsburg and surroundings (Greenpoint, Bed-Stuy, Clinton Hills, etc) or Hell's Kitchen. Around 2800/month max.
I've been raking Craigslist, Urban Compass, etc but who knows? maybe some of you know a place or even is a designer/landlord hybrid. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Don't rule out the Lower East Side.
Rule out Jersey.
For $2800 you should be able to find something decent. At least I hope so.
Should I be aiming for L train in order to commute to Lower Manhattan for work? I've heard it can get nightmare busy... any other options?
F train to Brooklyn.
Where do you work?
I just remembered my girlfriend lived on 13th between 1st and A in a smallish one bedroom in a 3rd floor walkup for $2300. This was last october. That was probably average. It was decent but I was petrified to take a dump in that weak toilet.
- Will work in Union Square but probably moving soon somewhere near SohoFatal
- Wow thats East Village right? sounds fancy (the dump story too) I thought that price was impossible thereFatal
- I also had a girlfriend who used to live on 13th between 1st and A, on the 1st floor.monospaced
- It's not fancy, btw.monospaced
- lol @ weak toiletpinkfloyd
- Yeah, My GF's place was not fancy but had a kick ass roof. https://www.flickr.c…CyBrainX
- Nevermind that goofy dude in the last shot.CyBrainX
monospaced has a room for rent
I heard the L train gets pretty crowded. Does it have to be a 1 bedroom? You can find lots of studios under $2,800 in Manhattan where you wouldn't even need a broker. I lived in a studio in midtown for $2,400 but this was a while ago.