- Last post
- 29 Responses
My woman and I are considering a move there soon. Would love to know:
Neighborhoods worth living in
Neighborhoods worth drinking in
utopian you live in philly?
• Strawberry Mansion - Make sure you check this JAWN out!
Design companies: Meh but the ones worth noting (either more well-known or larger agencies) might be Happy Cog, Red Tettemer, G2 (Grey), Brownstein, Razorfish, etc.
As far as where to live:
- Northern Liberties is great. A shitload of bars, restaurants, etc -- Philly's Brooklyn-like section essentially (or the closest thing to it). Also where I hang out when I go to Philly (I live in the burbs now). Stay away from Finnigans Wake though.
- Fishtown: If you want to live on the cheap but be really close to Northern Libs.
- Rittenhouse Square: If you're rich.
- Manayunk: Cool and lots of stuff going on but more college frat type shit.
Old City, Art Museum...meh not like how it used to be. I used to live in the Art Museum back in the day, it does get pretty dangerous around there nowadays and not much as far as bars/restaurants go.
South Philly: If you want to live on the cheap cheap but can deal with folks double parking.
Huge population, very few design companies.
Few design companies in that it lacks talent, market or culture (or some combo)?
I heard philly is like what Brooklyn used to be in 80's
Jesus Christ property is cheap, having lived in NY and then SF!
Philly is really cheap to live for some unknown reason.
Great! So everyone is gonna come to PHilthy and my rent is gonna go up!
Philly sucks! Stay away!
Camden is the new Brooklyn
Bumping this thread. What do you guys know about these two companies? HAs anyone worked there? Does anyone work there? Stories or comments etc?
Also, Northern Libs sounds nice in writing but google street maps makes it look like either some scene from Escape From New York or a public parking area next to a large hospital. Hoping to move somewhere like Fitler Square or Queen Village, or maybe further out like Mount Airy. Anyone got any opinions about places like that?
Thanks Utopian... not a developer though. I do UX/Interaction design.