- Last post
- 9 Responses
Looking for a new laptop.
1. Looks decent
2. NO stupid numerical keyboard on right side (my God, why the hell do they all come with this now??! I've never, not once, used mine on my reg keyboard...my bookkeeper uses it. I am not a bookkeeper)
3. Powerful enough for light 3D, video, PS, etc.
15" (don't think i want another 17")
(I love the MacBook quality and screen, but am liking Window's 8 touchscreen functionality. iOS looks so dated, too)
10 key for life!
maybe a dell Inspiron 15z Ultrabook™?
fuck laptops without a numerical pad. i replaced my hp workstation with a dell latitude a month ago. quadcore i7, 8gb ram, decent nvidia. i opted for windows 7 ('cause i mirrored my drive from the hp). happy with it so far.
- it's the Latitude E6530sine
- my colleague replaced her hp with a dell but opted for windows 8. after a week of swearing she's finally got a hang of it i think.sine
- hang of it.sine
- oh, it's not touchscreen, nvm.sine
- windows 8 is going to frustrate you if you're a "technical" user. very much aimed at general consumers imo.sine
- I"ve used the touchscreen and it makes simple things sooo much faster/easier.formed
- this model also comes with an ssd. super fast. getting an external for archiving.sine
the Dell E series is nice, has better hinges and keyboards than other Dells in my experience... as I type this on a Dell E5420 Core i5 I got for $350 because it had a scratch on the case... I'd save the $$ and get another monitor rather than get Win8, I tried it and found it kind of .... meh....
I use the numeric keypad all the time. I link my stylesheets in InDesign to them. huge production time-saver
- < slow HD, weak video, and heavy, but cheapmonospaced
- That's base, you upgrade the drives, etc. Weight is a girly thing to complain about.albums
- right, what was I thinking? weight isn't an issue with laptopsmonospaced
- Girl. If you want to carry less weight, go on a diet.albums
- Seriously, you're complaining about ounces, ignoring the ability to carry the computer easily.albums
asus s400 touchscreen looks nice!
if non touchscreen ive got a HP ENVY Sleekbook.. its cheap and great