- Last post
- 13 Responses
Too many fonts, social media icons are too big.
Too many gradients, and the man in the bowtie looks like a nerd.
I remember the logo development. I do not think that inner glow is working for it. Oh, and can you make the logo bigger please? Seriously, the large header contains a lot of competing elements, might look into simplifying or compartmentalizing some of that.
The black bar at the bottom with all the controls almost feels lost. Perhaps another color or a size increase will help draw attention there.
The script font down there is interesting, but the italic serif for the quote feels out of place. Overall it feels like there's still a brand identity crisis. Pull things together, you're on the verge of a system of sorts.
fwiw none of the post content is designed by yours truly.
I wish I could use my magic mouse to scroll through the bottom horizontal nav without using the arrows.
nice. how did you load in the soundcloud?
why not style the youtube players like everything else?
- I think things are a bit bigger because of use on a tablet? On a desktop that whole footer panel things like icons, nav items, etc are a bit too big like folks said already. Is there anyway to make those things scale depending on device instead of browser window size?
- The close button in the black panel that slides out is hard to find. Make it an X and put it in the corner like most UI's so folks know where to look. Actually that close button is like that in all sections, I'd definitely change that.
- Maybe even make the thumbnail nav a bit smaller.
- I don't understand the purpose of the OPEN/CLOSE button of the thumbnail NAV. So you get to see an extra 200 pixels of background image? I'd get rid of that, it doesn't serve a real functional purpose and just confuses users.
- Thumbnail NAV left and right arrows: The rollover state has a drop shadow on a gray button. It just looks like it's blurring the button. Get rid of the drop shadow and just make it turn white.
- Thumbnail NAV: It would be nice if I could use my scroll wheel to scroll horizontally for that instead of having to use a button. I'd imagine tablets would like the same functionality but with using swiping.
- Too many fonts :) Way too many. Make the focus less on text and let the imagery shine (while still allowing the information to be easily read and digested)
- Move the Search box thingy up more, just about all the way up to the top.
- Shrink the logo. Tell them no if they say make it bigger.
- In the main navigation it says "Come See Me" and when you rollover it you see a link to see the FULL SCHEDULE. Why is that hidden? I'd imagine that's probably one of the things that users will want to find. Make it easily accessible. Make it part of the main nave.
- Overall, I think the slides and transitions look good. However, I find navigating around the site a bit difficult. To the average internet user, I'd think it could probably be fairly tricky for them.
- The "ME" section. Drop the mic and bike thing down. Make those items that you can click on SCREAM, hey check this stuff out. I'd imagine downloading an app or promo photos being something fairly important.
- I'd move that footer up top because it feels more like a main NAV instead of a footer.
I'd offer up suggestions on how to fix the design, even if you're only the developer. Just tell them that you had it critiqued by folks on a website called cue-be-en. If they say no, say OK.
Oh yeah, they're in Philly 215. Me too.
- Don't like how the black panel slides out half way but then keeps small portions of everything else on screen. It looks cluttered. Maybe get rid of the dark panel and make the music player and gray play list slide up overtop the background image but behind the thumb nail navigation. Maybe add a vertical scroller if needed.