- Last post
- 17 Responses
Has anyone here gone from using an iPhone to Blackberry (or equivalent)? And been happy with the transition?
I've never used a Blackberry. How's the UI and overall experience?
Just did blackberry to iphone, fucking best move ever. Honestly, stress level, and how less "locked in" to my phone is absurd. Crackberry earned it's name for a reason. Other than that, blackberry UI is ok, super utilitarian, but, pretty ok.
dont do it. you'll regret it!
iPhone for life biatch...
iPhone's only serious UI flaw is that it is "designed in California", not Canada.
You cannot pick up calls in gloves in winter. People use their noses.
- Meh; last thing I want to be doing when it's -25 outside is fiddling with a phone anyway!Continuity
- I would have thought wearing a glove with an iPhone would be perfect to reduce dropped calls.lukus_W
- can't use the touchscreenmonospaced
- For argument's sake, you could wear ear buds, answer calls and use voice activation to make calls.CyBrain
Been using iPhones since they launched. Just switched to a new Bold a week ago. Actually loving it.
Before, when I had even a minute of free time I was dicking with my phone. iPhone is way too addicting. IMO.
Letting your mind drift is super important i think. So when i realized this was happening I looked for another phone.
I'm very happy with blackberry. Super good for email and phone calls. All i need now.
And now my mind can drift onto more important things.... Or just relax.
- Is your point that you should get a worse phone, so you use it less?CyBrain
- No; Blackberry is a great product. It's just focused on messaging. I like that.mosko
- very good point - I had my phone stolen and got a shitty old nokia for 2 weeks - changed my life, for good.clearThoughts
There are so many games, which is a great thing. But my lack of will power does not help matters!
I do hate spending time doing pointless iPhone app playing when I could be doing something productive.
I have iPhone 4 and it or coverage in Seattle (new here so can't be sure which it is) sucks. It's great for everything but a phone. I just got the Droid Incredible and am liking it. Still hanging onto my iPhone in hopes that Verizon picks up iPhone.
Blackberry > iPhone > Android (Nexus One).
If the BB had a browser as good as safari, a touch screen (which they may be doing now?) for using google maps (my fav app), I'd prolly switch back. Miss the keybd sometimes, blinking lights, etc. Just a better business phone
The iPhone would be too distracting for me. I'm sure I'm headed that way in the future, but I already have a Crackberry and the iPod Touch and I use them all the time as distractions. I used to have one of those cheap phone-call-only phones (which is all I need), but ever since my place of work banned Gmail (don't ask...), a phone with a data plan became essential.
My co-worker did mention that you realize how juvenile the Blackberry is once you get an iPhone, but I think it depends on what kind of work you do and how much you use the phone.
- your touch is pretty much the same distracting thing just without the phonemonospaced
- Yeah, but my point is that if everything was on one device, it would be far more distracting. It would be more convenient.juhls
- Taking out one device is easier and quicker than taking out two.juhls
- Talking about it makes me want to just buy it already.juhls
Anyone i know who went from iPhone to Android never went back.
You have great choices now.. Evo4G or Epic4G if you are on Sprint.. You have DroidX, Droid 2 if you are on Verizon or you have fantastic Samsung Galaxy X (Captivate) or smaller HTC Aria (small yet sexy Android phone).. or you can go with T-Mobile and upcoming G2 or Samsung Galaxy X (Vibrant).
I personally have Nexus One and just can't go back to iPhone.. every time I go back to iphone it feels like bubbly OS that's already stale and so limiting in things i need to have on the phone.
I will probably wait for the new HTC Desire HD to replace the phone..
the real question is, which is the best for the bathroom myspace profile pic, boz?