- Last post
- 32 Responses
Im based in Toronto and am looking for a comfy ergonomic chair that looks sharp. So i've been thinking perhaps an Eames Lounge chair reproduction (been quoted for about 2300 - 2800 at furniture store Visitor Parking. Is that reasonable? Can they be found for less? I've seen them for $899 at www.eternitymodern.com which just sounds wrong and highly suspect)
Also I'm looking for other suggestions for chairs around that price bracket, or less. I just want to make sure I've considered everything before I lay that much cash down as I'l have to save up for a while, so I have to get this right!
Thanks for your suggestions!
Just found one on craigslist - Queen West, $1000, posted yesterday
- I'm kind of schitzo regarding craiglist on big items, but thanks for looking out. may have to look into that.aliendn
- I have a repo version of this and I don't find it as comfortable as I'd hopedjamble
- Eames would surely have revised this by now.ItTango
- bed bugs... so scared of them...showpony
That is one ugly lounge chair, period!
I'm worried about taxes/customs outside of Canada, but thanks for the link and appreciate that you think they're reputable. I guess I should compile a list!
I love well designed classic furniture as much as anyone, but spending 2-3 grand for one chair doesn't sit well with me either.
I would rather pay a Sheridan furniture design student to design me a custom chair and pay a (talented) starving student $500 - $800 for a one of a kind piece.
The Eames Lounge (670) is a good, classic chair. Though, it's becoming a staple to the everyman - which is fine. But it has last it's uniqueness as a conversation piece.
I would suggest looking at chairs also by Wegner, Knoll, Newson, etc. None of your friends will have them and they are both amazingly comfortable and timeless in their own effect.
- much appreciated. some nice designs there! regarding conversation piece, I already have one of those chairs, but it seems to delicate to sit in everyday, which is why i need something reliable and comfy.aliendn
- of course I have to disagree about its uniqueness, that chair is a classic, and as long as Kanye doesn't show up posing with one, we are goodMeeklo
- we are goodMeeklo
I should mention with regards to having an interesting/conversation piece sort of chair, I already have one, but it's almost too delicate for me to sit on everyday if that makes sense? That's why I'm interested in something resilient and comfy and good looking that's gonna be my throne after work. God when I think of it I could get a used car or something :W