- Last post
- 194 Responses
what is it like to live in Alberta or BC? how shitty cold does it get in Calgary or Vancouver?
it doesnt get that cold in vancouver. expect a lot of rain.
calgary, alberta - you'll need a parka.
vancouver is not that cold. but i consider 25c hot.
life here is really boring...
calgary gets shitty cold winters.
vancouver winters are grey and wet. snow in winter is rare. like seattle.
i live in Edmonton which is about 2.5hours north of Calgary by car. In the winter months (Nov-Mar) it can get down to -20F for a week at a time. We usually have a couple of those throughout the winter, with an average temp of 10-15F. Calgary is only marginally warmer.
The Economist's World's Most Livable Cities 2009
City Country Rating
1 Vancouver Canada 98.0
- This doesn't mean shit to the common man. Vancouver is expensive a fuck. How does that translate to livable?bort
- buddy asked about the weather.horton
- A lot of Canadian cities are in the top. It's awesome.juhls
- It's based on stability, health care, culture and environment, education, and infrastructurejuhls
- Liveable is about as subjective as anything else in life. These lists never make sense to me.CyBrainX
I find Calgary isolated. Not sure I could live there. Plus their weather kinda sucks, my brother was telling me they had snow couple weeks back.
The only thing nice about Calgary is that if you enjoy skiing, there is some of the best in the world just 1.5 hours away. The rocky mountains are beautiful. Otherwise, I think Canuck is right—isolated.
People are nice in Canada. They're cuddly, and they drink a lot.
Stay away from Vancouver we don't like your kind.
Not interested in Toronto? What about Montreal? Those are my personal fave cities in Canada. If you're looking for a great downtown full of culture stay away from Vancouver.
I lived in Calgary for 6 years and Edmonton for 4 years. The prairies have their charm and I visit both cities yearly, but I wouldn't recommend moving there. Very Conservative.
Vancouver on the other hand is amazing. Beaches, skiing, hiking and no harsh winters! Most people I know from the prairies eventually moved to Van and their only regrets was not doing it sooner.
City vs City. My favourite QBN threads. Honestly.
Montreal is the boss. I had a friend that lived there for a while and loved it, I loved it when i visited. Hands down, Canada's greatest city.
<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:154352" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=http://www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>
so Calgary is conservative and boring, where as Vancouver is liberal and happening?
Anna Paquin was born in Winnipeg.
- she sux!barbara
- She's a nice actress. Her demeanour is very expressive, which accounts for half the acting.Corvo2
- She does suck in many roles, but she's beautiful!juhls
- I mean, she's not bad. Just the accents need work. I think her characters are written to be annoying too.juhls