- Last post
- 30 Responses
i want to buy that i phone, just like every other product... you fuckin cunts... what r u doing to your best longtime customers? this iphone strategy is a big fuckin piece of bullshit, you know what apple? put that iphone up your ass... i will keep my money... i will not change my mobile company, or buy it on ebay or elsewhere...
sorry folks, i just had to do that...
feeling better now.
there a new apple store in manhattan
biggest one. 3 floors. aren't you excited?!
germany... no apple stores, u have to sign the contract in the shop of tmobile...
Apple customer service stop existing 5 years ago.
They just don't give a shit anymore.
any news on google and sprint joining up for the Android? I am waiting on that before I buy and iphone
by the way i heard att is getting out of telephone business?
but i would love an open-source mobile software. im tired of all the junk out there and dont get me started on windows mobile. nokia is pretty solid with their software and hardware but i want to try something new...
anyway back to topic...
yeah i guess we better get back to bitching about Apple
you rock dogg
Microsoft is giving away, for free, shitloads of their vista software. Don't know why I posted that here, but if you want the pro packages of vista and it's apps they are free.
- no thanks.Meeklo
- Oh, did I forget to mention that in return for 3 months Microsoft tracks your computer usage?k0na_an0k
- And every 2 weeks you take a survey. Which company can fuck off now huh... HUH... HUH! :)k0na_an0k
- hey, I appreciate it, but no thanks.. (starts reading the auto biography "me ryan seacrest"Meeklo
Apple is shitty sometimes (in terms of customer service and Steve Jobs), but it's an addictive company.
Apple was a great company under Sculley. I bet the shareholders woudnt agree with that, but when I started out on Apple in 1991 (System 5.48 I think, on an LC4/40) it was niche, it was focussed and it was like being really well looked after. OS systems were things you could tinker with with confidence in order to streamline you machine for exactly what you did. You knew exactly what went where, what did what, and there ace apps like Resedit to enable you to actually re-write some stuff. Software support was great, upgrading was never a problem, back up and customer support was almost like being part of an exclusive member's club even though stuff was so reliable you never needed to use it. Now, with Jobs back, its a soulless, heartless cash machine like every other global brand. I fucking hate Apple to the core now. The moment I can figure out how to switch a PC on and which button to press on the mouse, I'm outta there. I hate you Jobs, You Dog's Log.
I can agree with all the Apple Haters. Apple tries to put out useless shit hoping people will buy it just because they make it. I mean, hell, a lot of people bought that stupid Apple HiFi BS. BUT... Apple, and Jobs to an extent, have a vision and they get many things right that somehow other companies just don't "get". Look at car design. For years, designers at Pontiac and Chevrolet didn't understand why people bought the Lexus, Toyota or Honda. Now, American cars are as good if not better, took 15 years, but they finally "got it".
Same is for Electronics. We would all be on beige boxes if it were not for Apple. The design of the iPhone is so much better for a casual user than anything out there. Their notebooks are the same way. The don't compromise on too many things. For those of you that say the iPhone sux because it can't MMS, they have a technical reason that has to do with MMS tech sucking right now, they have a reason. Jobs, an asshole, proves that too many chefs in thye kitchen creates shit. He doesn't allow design by committee. Committees are all about compromise. Everything goes through the asshole and it comes out better than Microsoft's Zune, the compromised example
- "Now, American cars are as good if not better" LOL!akrokdesign
- "Same is for Electronics." the brand might be American, but the stuff aren't made here. well design wise maybe but not build.akrokdesign
- ...build here.akrokdesign
- what American is that then?roundabout
American cars are as bad as they were 15 years ago, in some ways they are worse for not improving on the same curve as everyone else. Korean and Malaysian cars are now considered to be significantly better than American cars.
Apple though, is a cynical brand now. Like you say yourself TommyB, they are willing to throw ten pieces of money wasting crap at consumers in the hope that one of them deserves the Jobs' tag of being The Product That Changes Everything. ipod was the only revolution and frankly that was a little overblown as it was itunes that was the usp, not the unit. Everything else they do HiFi, the TV box etc, amounts to a computer company trying to capitalise on set of brand values established and galvanised in people's minds by the Sculley era of dedicated professional computers. I really think its important to look beyond the Jobs propaganda about what a bad job Sculley did. Jobs' Apple company would not be where it is today without Sculley steering it through its vital second-stage reach into the global market. Lets not forget why Jobs was booted out in the first place. If he had stayed, the company would have collapsed long ago.
Sure he has a good respect for the design ethic, but that's just one plus point for the man...frankly so did Sculley. Sculley's Newton was a groundbreaking pda and only died becuase Jobs came back and killed it for personal reasons. There's still a big Newton Users community out there becuase the thing is still better than most pdas on the market ten years later.
Apple has phones now?
This is a great article about the car industry and the computer industry - http://www.boreme.com/boreme/fun…
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.
At COMDEX recently, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive, but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again, because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. Oh yeah, and last but not least . . . you'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off!
waa waa waa. what a bunch of bitches hating on apple.
this is a clear cut case of the 'hatred of the good for being the good.'