Pic of the Day
- Last post
- 117,400 Responses
Slightly depressing pic of the day.
"Wind Turbine Blades Can’t Be Recycled"
Which inevitably leads to...
- A problem got a problem - ODBjaylarson
- "Until large-scale recycling is widely available, landfills must accommodate defunct blades."feel
- That's crazy, there would be some use for those things somewhere surely?PhanLo
- Could help making reefs down undajaylarson
- still better than nuclear wasteShenanigansTV
- Nuclear waste is not a problem in modern reactors. Also elements some concept reactors cant "melt down". https://en.m.wikiped…eryx
- Closed fuel systems can even take the nuclear waste we have and turn it into energy.eryx
- Also if we do find a use for these things we can just dig them up again, right?eryx
- <this shit's more complicated than nuclear waste, and in <that kind of situation (vs deep mines), probably more of an environmental problemNairn
- Actual hardcore nuclear waste isn't a major problem, other than socially - ALL of the world's 'bad' waste from all-time could easily fit on a football field.Nairn
- Problem with <this shit is that it's like spun carbon embedded in resin, encased in plastic and with (presumably) metal components. Recycling Clusterfuck.Nairn
- Wouldn't be difficult to turn these into roofing.i_monk