- Last post
- 559 Responses
The one thing you can do that is sure to have a positive impact in all domains and last for generations is not having any children.
- Or smother your elderly relatives.PhanLo
- In what?Fax_Benson
- i choose pantyhosePeterPancake
- You think shaving 10 years of pollution by offing an elder is equal to the infinitely exponential benefit of shaving off a branch of the population?soundofreason
- Or, you know, just have one kid.Nairn
- And neuter it at birth?soundofreason
- And that's still an average of 80 years of consumption and waste.
I'm just basing my logic on Miguex's claim that being vegan is a not good example.soundofreason
- I suppose your interpretation of "a positive impact in all domains and last for generation" is fairly unidimensional.Nairn
- Could please elaborate? I have no idea what you're talking about.soundofreason
- No one will change a thing, people are just going to keep rolling til it's too late.PhanLo
- That's the spirit!
Look at what humans are able to build in Dubai. Humans will be fine (if they can afford it).soundofreason
- Your generational fix is to ..er.. annul the concept of generations, thereby nullifying the capacity for humans to develop or indeed, exist.Nairn
- I'd say that's fairly singular in its scope.Nairn
- Thanks, I get it now.
Again, my solution is based on Miguex's post. I don't expect people to follow it.
It's not a gen. fix, simply a fix.
- The most sure way to ensure to not have a negative impact is not having any impact at all. There is a chance that your offspring might solve the issue
- but that would be rolling the dice. By not having any children you also ensure that their hypothetical won't have any impact, (that's the generational part)
- In my hypothetical solution I'm not proposing everybody do it. But even if only 50% would do it it would have a enormous lasting impact.
- Even if everybody stopped having children and brought Homo Sapiens to extinction it would be still a logical solution to Global Warming.
- Of course, bringing humans to extinction is out of the question as is giving up several modern comforts that we now consider our birth right.
- *3 > their hypothetical children won't have any impact.
I cede the floor.soundofreason
- You mean you've just ejaculated on the carpet?Nairn
- I've posted this before, but I reckon this method is the only way to save the planet.
- Drink beers, make a headband with your tie and just solve problems by being a legend.PhanLo
- I'm convinced that we humans are the true parasites.utopian