- Last post
- 68,486 Responses
Back to fucking work today after getting to spend nearly two weeks off over the festive period and spending all that time with our little 9 month old girl.
Was the happiest I think I've ever been!
A guy I know in Sweden who had a kid a couple of months before us, his wife has just finished her maternity leave and he's about to start his 8 month paternity leave. Dads have got a great gig over there.
Mighty fucking jealous!
I'd kill for that precious time with our wee girl to see her develop into a walking talking toddler.
- Try to spend all the time you can with her, without losing your job, obviously ;)OBBTKN
- I'd happily be a stay-at-home dad. The joy of children is much better than the grief of clients! ;)microkorg
- wish there was another way than what society dictates for some peopleSunSunSun_
- I feel like that's the way it should be - spending time with your little one as much as you wantSunSunSun_
- Corporate lobbying vs people deciding how they want to livedrgs
- Work life balance is one of the main reasons I stay at my job. Able to feed my kids breakfast and usually make it home before they sleep.dirtydesign
- Depending when she gets up I usually have a couple of hours with her in the morning before going to work ...microkorg
- ... then nearly a couple of hours at night when I get home. So it's not too bad.I never work late in the office - if i have to then i take work home to do latermicrokorg
- remote working fulltime has been great. been able to see every day of my daughter for almost 3 years and when my son is off school.slinky