- Last post
- 7,617 Responses
- A shortfilm we created for Grand Basel, the show for automotive masterpieces in the high-end sector, curated by leading experts in the field.Longcopylover
- Really nice work - that dude can say anything and it will sound badass smooth!antimotion
- wtf, so cool!SimonFFM
- Wow, Lancia Sibilo ?? So weird to see one being actually driven, well done!spl33nidoru
- Is anyone of you going to Grand Basel? I just asked my father if he wants to go with me...SimonFFM
- Thanks for the kind words.
Elba was really nice. Not just a "star", but really professional.Longcopylover
- The Sibilo is so weird but so cool. There is a Ferrari Dino engine in it and that makes it sound like petrolhead-heaven.Longcopylover
- Simon, I sure will be there. It would be nice to see you there.Longcopylover
- Thanks for the additional info. I'm tempted to drop by if I'm able to then.spl33nidoru
- Nice! I've worked with Elba, honestly the nicest and most talented person I have ever met. Came out, nailed it in a way that drops everyones mouth & walks offmugwart
- good stuff long!mugwart
- He really is. We had to record the voice-over in a hotel room in the night after the shoot. He just nailed it and made some versions for safety. Very pro.Longcopylover
- Kind of a departure from what you normally post here. Branching out from figure work?garbage
- branching out from usual postsbjladams
- i like thiscannonball1978
- ridiculous man!
hi. i can paint/draw everythingjaylarson
- the hand is spectacularly real.detritus
- I almost thought the hand was real.CyBrainX
- this is rad. Do you large prints of this?dbloc
- wonderful as usual man!kona
- Amazing! please paint more (as much as I love your drawings)BaskerviIle
- Yea. Really nice feel.dopepope
- Pretty cool, i would diversify the brush mouvementsi_was
- bravo, looks great, also the color mood is very pleasingSimonFFM
- Big heart eyes emoji xDsea_sea
- wow - love it - so good.pedromendez
- hey, thx.
@dbloc - no print of this one.
I do a lot of digital landscape painting for storyboarding, but trying to use real paints more often.bjladams
- I'm about to chop this down on ig - always fun because i screw it up 1 out of 3 times. feel free to watch, send thoughts/prayers, etc.bjladams
- what are you doing with it once you're done? file it away?imbecile
- it has soldbjladams
- Great job man. Love your work!dbloc
- this is beautifulnotype
Sometimes I like to throw myself a little challenge just to keep my spider senses tingling - that is, if Peter Parker was a designer.
For this small design challenge, I wanted to try my hand at 3D COAT (Finally!!!). I've sort of dabbled before, but I tried to come up with something I know I'd have fun with - going back to the oldschool and creating my own take on a RACER from the 1995 game, WIPEOUT.
Not only was WIPEOUT one of the sickest racing games ever created - the whole design package by THE DESIGNERS REPUBLIC was absolutely mind-blowing and a heavy duty influence on me as a young gun just getting into graphic design.
I took a couple days between client projects to rock out a few "styleframes" with the ship burnin some sick-ass rocket fuel... Sorry 'environment.' I'll make up for it by not printing any of this ; )
Start your engines - Hope you enjoy!
BTW - if any of you are interested - this dude kind of put a bug in my mind in regard to creating a "racer" - I took it a bit further and tried to pay homage to something that influenced me way back... Here's his original tut:
A recent project for a couple who've created a huge online audience taking photos of the offline environment. Great to get back into illustration!
More info —
- This is lovely, de4kdetritus
- it feels happy.
- looks great, how did you make your site? wordpress or squarespace?pinkfloyd
- This looks great!fisheye
- Only thing I dislike, and perhaps it's just me and I'm wrong, but text centring shouldn't include punctuation. re: 'follow us on our journey.' :)detritus
- Very niceprophetone
- Really nice. Think illustration logos are going to be the hot thing for 2019.shapesalad
- It's a pity on the sit that the 'sticker' logo doesn't do anything when you click it. Would be good to animate it too, use Moho.shapesalad
- Thanks for the comments guys.de4k
- Hey @detritus yeah you're possibly write. I feel maybe that punctuation can make it more familiar... like you're reading a story.de4k
- Yes! @shapesalad it will – just waiting to develop other channels to the brand and that sticker will indeed become active.de4k
- @pinkfloyd — I built it. Not sure if that was a dig at my dry set up =)de4k
- It wasn't a dig, I actually want to copy itpinkfloyd
- Ah no problem. That'll be 1 billion pounds.de4k
- We need a wip thread as well to stop det's useless 'I'm a designer here's what you should have done differently' on finished projects in here hahahaset
- Absolutely love it de4k. Really.niceset
- Cheers Set =)de4k
- as pink already said, nice site. like the set upGnash
- your work is next level. website is great, shop site is great. love it all. v.inspiring.fadein11
- Lovely stuff :)mutanthands
- Hey thanks so muchde4k
Commissioned artwork. This will be 3D printed at around 20 inches high, and then professionally painted. I can't wait to see that!
More images here: https://www.artstation.com/artwo…
- so dopepinkfloyd
- Great work, really like all your sculpts.PhanLo
- Big Foot?utopian
- Scary af! and awesome work!robotron3k
- what this handsome fella isn't scary at all. Maybe just a bit angry because the entire Himalayas is on his back.
When I pet Godaiju, I feel very calm.sted
- See the fame
- Very cool!formed
- Ha thanks a lot guysdopepope
- Make that bullet chamber look like the Capital Dome in D.C.CyBrainX
- Dammit, why didn't I think of that! :)mutanthands
- Digging your stylepinkfloyd
- Guns don't kill people - people kill peoplehotroddy
- Like itset
- @hotroddy ... but i'm pretty sure the gun helps. A lot.jagara
- i agree.hotroddy
- Really nice!!antimotion
- people with guns kill peopledbloc
- *people kill people... with gunsrobthelad
- Neat. My only thoughts are my usual where vectors are concerned: decide on a smallest stroke thickness and work details up from that—your fine details disappeardetritus
- ..and try and keep to a limited number of stroke thicknesses overall. imho, obv.detritus
- cool image thodopepope
- I'm not agreeing with Detritus but have a listen to what he said because I agreeset
- Brown Starmort_
- nice.... detritus has a point... also: the dude's left hand fingers look weird.d_gitale
- I didn't even think twice about the stroke widthpinkfloyd
- Thanks for all of your comments! Love the collaboration!antimotion
- Cool. Maybe make him another colour? He gets a bit lost in the background.Hayzilla
- The boom box perspective is different to the "worship" mark and the "base" - maybe they should match so it flows to the centre.robthelad
Just rolled out first beta of my first own app
First app I do alone... from scratch.
Based on a simple idea, but I’m quite happy with the result even if it is not totally finalised.
Everybody with an android device is welcome to test it.
I would warmly welcome reports about bugs, user experience, design, features, bad english etc.
Free premium features for those who wish... just send me your email (google account enabled).
- Didn't know that qbn washed emails... so for a tester account it is : poptime[the "a" that looks like a snail]poptime[dot]ap...gonzalle
- Fun idea. Looks good too :)set
- congratulations, I know how much time and effort that goes into it!martinadolfsson
- ^ So true !gonzalle
I played a very (very!) small part in this, which is doing the rounds at the moment.
If you blink you'll miss it, but I helped out with some of the components for the 'sewing machine', including the bits tha hold the bobbins in place, that guide the threads and the control panel.
All the actual hard work and Creative was done by Attic Blue and Blink Industries.
- Saw this on the tele box the other day. Very well done, great job on the textures and animation.mutanthands
- Those bits I had nothing to do with :)
Yeah, they did really well on this - it's amazing how much effort's gone into it over the months...detritus
- congrats, this looks really awesome!
it's actually a Sweater Weaving Machine what is capable to do the frame knitting or
all cgi and a mock-up machine?sted
- Love it!Chimp
- Damn - this is crazy! Love these kind of projects - good job!antimotion
my second attempt in making an animated version of this http://brendantheblob.tumblr.com…
- < http://fmahalem.tumb…feel
- Goodness gracious!detritus
- awesome dude!helloeatbreathedrive
- Great work as always, Feel.
How did you get that to loop?CyBrainX
- dope dude!Miguex
- used a simple particle loop, where you comp the end of the simulation with the beggining https://www.youtube.…feel
- Excellent. You know it’s good when it would be upvoted on at least 3 threads...MrT
- Sweet bg to throw some characters ondocpoz
- Those characters would be in trouble. Like the guy dating my girlfriend's sister.CyBrainX
- Are you after her sister?docpoz
- No, the sister is an identical twin except she's an evil vortex of pain for those weak enough to succumb to her black hole misery.CyBrainX
- Ah. The evil one.docpoz