- Last post
- 7,549 Responses
Hey crew - I wanted to drop this piece I did for the THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS - I LEFT MY BODY music video competition.
There were 3 winning vids (one grand prize and two second prize in total). Some really talented folks... Mine wasn't chosen, but it was great just to be able to throw something into the mix.
I had a wonderful time just messing around putting this thing together. Every project is a learning experience and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one!
If any of you cats are TMBG fans and haven't heard the new album - it's really dope - anyhow, enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope you dig the vid ; )
Finally, here's their site with the winning vids and more - https://www.youtube.com/user/Par…
If you have time to check out - some amazing stuff there!
- Fun design! Movie looks ridiculous though ;)monospaced
(where have you hidden the satanic star? I can't find it)Gnash
- what's ridiculous about a giant ape fighting a giant flying wolf with a Pro wrestler scientist ?dopepope
- baha. i was actually surprised by how enjoyable the movie wasscarabin_net
- Isn't this the movie where he only has one leg and jumps from a crane to a building?Maaku
- That another movie. He's been busypango
- NO, this one he’s got two legs, and 3 giant monsters. Exponentially better.dopepope
- The original video game was great.Noggin
- (great work, btw!!)PonyBoy
- I love how you're like "Some silly animation" meanwhile it's the tits! Nice man,stoplying
- I love this!FawnDog
- Awesomely silly once again!CyBrainX
- Great workCalderone2000
- oh man, such sweet comments, Thank you so much guys <3Fabricio
- Cool. When are we allowed to call mid 2000's retro? This isn't retro but it kind of is in internet terms. Like it.set
- i do call it retro. i made this one 16 years ago - same client, same purpose: http://invisiblecham…arne
- I'd call it mid-noughties retro-flavoured, too.Continuity
- love it. the dimensionality greatGnash
- I like it a lot.MrT
- YES bring it back!
I love it, reminds me a little bit of that game wipeoutfeel
- Diggin this!antimotion
- thanks for the feedback!arne
- looking gooddopepope
- Like it +1OBBTKN
- looks like she's about to pull the roof off a spider tankcannonball1978
- Is good.MrT
- Again, really nice man!!!antimotion
- Super nice!dyspl
- Thanks all. This was, like, my eighth attempt using different photos. I'm completely taken with the dark panels on the skin idea, especially on the jaw and neckface_melter
- Can we see the source photo?detritus
- this is fantasticRamanisky2
- I can Google, i realise.
Updated ... a lot of Roto & After Effects.
Audio Loop: KRS-One - Sound of Da Police
- yea mandopepope
- Thnx guise :)Ramanisky2
- Was this for Just Dance (video game)? Looks like what they currently use.fyoucher1
- No this was just something I wanted to work on. Never saw the Just Dance video game version. It was more to try and do roto work.Ramanisky2
- nice! love those little motion lines.arne
- thnx arneRamanisky2
- Sickness man, your motion work is so smooth!!!antimotion
- Very cooldopepope
- very impressive, photoshop?pinkfloyd
- awesome dude!helloeatbreathedrive
- ^^ yeah, blocking in colour with textured Ps brushes, defining shapes with shadows, then adding things from my library for the lights.face_melter
- really really cool. Let me know if you want to pass on any portfolios at the studio I'm based at.mugwart
- Very impressiveHayzilla
- Oh, thanks mug, although I live in Sweden and I'm way beyond the point of ever wanting to move back to the UK.face_melter
- This is something I want to try further and see if I can fold it into my arch-viz work instead of relying on 3D. Need a lot more practise.face_melter
- Great! Particularly like the flat colouration of the tower block at right.detritus
- what you do in sweden if you dont mind me asking? Some good vfx houses if I can remember that way. I'd love to move upmugwart
- I do architectural 3D visuals - those shiny pictures you see of office buildings and malls with thousands of people wandering about doing absolutely fuck all.face_melter
- Really nice textures man! Your stuff is getting to be on the sick level!!!antimotion
Some early stage concept work for a sci-fi story a buddy of mine is working on.
Ingredients: C4D, X-Particles, Daz mods, Photoshop and Advil.
These are mainly showing some textural viz for the technology used in the story - essentially a bio-electric shield.
The spheres are a simple graphic representation of the mesh integrity - standard to military grade
Last image is a "transport" heading back to a prisoner facility... Haven't had time to rock the internal view - hoping to get to it soon...
Hope ya'll dig!
- Excellent workRamanisky2
- Thanks Ram, really appreciate it!antimotion
- is it going to be part of a game or what?Beeswax
- Hey B, this is for a pilot he wants to produce. For my role, I was helping with first pass of concepts, and also assisting with the script.antimotion
- me likes but the create & destroy or Jin's doesn't seem lined up right. less space before create than after destroy? or is it just my eyes. Love it thoughfadein11
- really nice, tho i'm not sure about the type. needs better integration somehow.hans_glib
- I like the mark a lot. Not gelling with the type at the moment thoughset
- Still think the tiger is better though. Love thatset
- I'm with everyone else: imagemark great, type not so much.Continuity
- all good. type is fine. "Create.." could be in a serif font, or lower case. Or not curved and sitting above jin's world.shapesalad
- looks great!scarabin
- thanks, I threw the type in so open to font suggestionspinkfloyd
- I'd put Jin's where 1492 is, World where 1988 is. maybe put the numbers left and right of snake head.fourth
- I like this direction.pango