- Last post
- 10 Responses
I made my first instagram post today. I’m aiming to join other artists in promoting my work with the platform.
Any tips from insta vets?
You're late, by a decade
- Unless you want to become influencer, then you're right on timegrafician
- ^then open a tiktok, do some stuff there, then copy the videos to instagram, post stories, get influencing, get rich maybegrafician
- Yeah, i neglected it for years. Feel like i need to catch up and establish myself therescarabin
- Very hard these days, you'll need to post daily at least for a while to get any traction unfortunately
Lots of Stories too
The algorithm is fuckedupgrafician
Try not to get lost in the maze of confusion, deception and endless ads...that is called Instagram.
Actually scarabin man you need to open some kind of patreon maybe? You're building some cool weird stuff, you'll easily amass a following, no joking this time
Think about it
What is your IG Scarabin?
Scarb's...when uploading your art to Instagram, be sure to use the correct # hashtags for each post, as well as #Hashtag other "people/influencers" names when posting your work. This will help you gain followers a build tracking in the IG ecosystem. Be prepared for the the long game approach. By adopting a long game mindset, you'll be focused on the small increments you make towards the goal of taking over IG.
- Nah don't do this man, keep your account puregrafician
- At best, add the hashtags in a comment, and NOT in your post's captiongrafician
- WTF are you talking about grafican? This is how use Instagram, gain followers, become an influencer and sell your art work.utopian
- Since you know everything about anything what should he do? What's his "Pure, golden and magical strategy" to succeed on IG?utopian
- Scarb's do what grafican said and keep your IG profile pure. Just post images and hope people stumble upon them when they are drunk or find you by accident.utopian
- uhm...post lots of Stories and videos?
Instagram is trash these days for normal photos/images posts.
I run about 5-6 accounts, I should know bettergrafician
- adding hashtags in a comment creates quick engagement and the algo loves thatgrafician
- adding long stories in the photo captions still is a good way to grow a following as people still eat up that shit and read ongrafician
- posting carousels is also a big hit, scarabin can post a few making of images in a carousel as a "how to create a badass skull mask" and the algo will pick itgrafician
- I was not being a smartass utopian chill, just saying some of that stuff is not worth it
Engagement on IG for simple image posts is totally downgrafician
FWIW, IG is a nightmare unless you’re into doing moving image stuff. I know a bunch of people and their reach has plummeted bc IG are now a “video” platform. Still images essentially won’t / don’t get pushed into peoples feeds unless that account does a shit tonne of reels and/or stories. It’s just the way it’s going. A guy I know was actually in a Guardian article about this very thing.
I'm old, so take this with a grain of salt. I have had better luck with a business profile on Facebook selling my chairs. I know, it's a different animal than what you are doing, just my two cents.