- Last post
- 5 Responses
Is there any way to create an Illustrator template (.ait) or any other method to get a setting that's yours when you create a new document? Anything I found in google was from many versions ago that don't work anymore. Thanks in advance.
What I've always done for my standard settings is to set the preferences I want when there are no files open at all.
do you the settings to change with each doc?
- It default to the most recent standard template I used which was for HD video but I'd rather have rules, no title safe, transparency or video pixel ruler.CyBrainX
- oh, it's not preferences u want to set. but the actual template file that's presented when opening Illy -- the "create new" under Film & Video?Gnash
- This and save as .aitNairn
- Oh shit, i misread it too.Nairn
If I get what you're saying then you need to edit the "Film and Video.ai" file that you will find in the Illustrator CC 20XX folder in your Applications folder (mac)
Illustrator CC 20XX > Support Files > New Document Profiles > "Film and Video.ai"
- Back up these files before making any changes!!Gnash
- If you edit those files and then save them to the same location that will change the startup files for new documentsGnash
- replacing the existing file (AFTER you've backed up the original files)Gnash
- Great suggestion. I'll try that.CyBrainX
Here’s as close as I got.
I switched to Legacy New Document screen in my Illustrator preferences.
Once I did that I saw a Templates button in the lower left corner of that screen.
That shows you were you can put your custom .ait files that can show up when you are on the New Document screen. If you’re at work and need Admin access to your internal drive you won’t be able to add anything, so I can’t do it.