- Last post
- 6 Responses
my artboard is 24"w x 12"h - It just auto generates 500 instances plus the numbers completely off of where the artboard actually is....
I don't know what is going wrong with your attempt but, why don't you simply use page numbers for this? Data Merge seems overkill just for a basic linear numbering.
Instead, just put a box with page numbering and add pages as you like..
If you want them individually numbered, but still multiple on a page, then you'll have to use Data Merge. Page numbers won't work since everything on on any given page would have the same number, right?
- but he could just export a pdf with multiple pages per page, no?ESKEMA
- yes, but the setup in manually linking them might take longer than a simple data set, I thinkmonospaced
- yeah. this is super time consuming, but might be easier based on the fact that I can't get the original concept to work.rodzilla
- time consuming linking what?ESKEMA
- designing 500 invites and manually laying them out would take forever, data merge is a secondmonospaced
No I need to get X amount up on a page. I've got it somewhat working now. The numbers pull through, pages get generated however all of the artwork/images are not lining up as they should. The art work jumps from the position its currently at. I don't get it really.
Set up a single ticket on the page with the data fields where you want them, and GROUP the ticket.
When you do the data merge with multiple on the page, the vertical/horizontal offset should be the same as the height/width of the ticket.
This will ensure that the numbers remain where they should, and that the tickets make the best use of space.
- mind the margins you set toomonospaced
- put the grouped ticket in the top/left corner, with room for the multiples to fit how yo uwant themmonospaced
- would you mind looking at what I have?rodzilla
- no problem... you might have to link the data set as well, I'm really experienced at thismonospaced
- mail sent your way. I appreciate the assist.rodzilla
Fixed and sent. Have a nice day!
- shit I bet its caught in postinirodzilla
- appreciate the help, it will be a coaster that is laser engraved out of plastic...rodzilla
- hmmm. odd i don't see it in spam.rodzilla
- file was too large, resentmonospaced
- I sent the merged doc, which was 50pages and over 35MB uncompressed! oopsmonospaced
- lol cube. thanks though appreciate your efforts.rodzilla
- you're welcomemonospaced