- Last post
- 5 Responses
Looking for some suggestions for a nice head to shoot video. We've got a T4i we're putting on it.
Vinten VECTOR 750 Fluid Head
buy once, buy good... try it out carefully....
test it with your camera and lens. If you're using a long lens, try to use an L lens with a tripod mount like the 70-200 2.8 or 70-200 F4
- I have had a similar older Manfrotto fluid head for 13 years... it becomes intuitive and smoother, extension of your arm....vaxorcist
- your arm, your ability to move the camera so smoothly it's not apparent but very effective and smooth...vaxorcist
- incredibly slow and precise camera movement is a cinematography trick worth learning...vaxorcist
- and you can fake a tracking shot if you have a long lens and pan very slowly if you're good....vaxorcist
- this requires a ton of practice and patient actors, an external monitor or flip-viewfinder helps a tonvaxorcist
- used this a few times, I liked itmoldero