- Last post
- 35 Responses
Her medical insurance with the Canadian Freestyle team didn't apply because it was a commercial event hosted by Monster Energy Drinks. Fine print in the contract, pretty scary for many international athletes I'm sure.
so sad. so sad. r.i.p.
the medical bill is sooooooo high cause they add a very high profit margin on it. they do that on all of us in the states.
Give charitably with from your heart. Not your fap hand.
(For A Better Tomorrow)
it's a bit weird they they let people do this with out insurance.
Wow just heard about this story. She was super super gorgeous. Sad.
Here is a link to some buddies at Shreddy Times in Lake Tahoe.
They are selling stickers to raise money for Sarah's family. I've got mine and my girl's one the way!
When we're out there doing what we love, let's remember the ones who aren't there and appreciate everything we get to enjoy!
RIP Johnny Otis-- nevermind.
(Old ugly guy.)
My company raised $725 for this fund.. I'm very proud to be a part of that
From the website:
Future donations will go towards post-hospital arrangements such as services and memorial costs and to establish a foundation to honor Sarah's legacy and promote the ideals she valued and embodied.
downgraded to 200K... but still Monster should be flipping 100% of the bill, no questions asked. Can't believe they let it go this long.
Heart breaking. She will be missed.
RIP... She will be greatly missed. She took women half-pipe skiing to another level
Ohhhh man so sorry
Sad yes, but she and her family knew this could happen while doing stunts essentially on downhill ice.
- No shit. Would you like to go back to feeling worse for JoePa in his thread?Jaline
- seriously your point is pointless.. and you're wasting my time it readingbliznutty
- I can't believe you didn't mention Obama in your posttroller
- You know you could get hit by a car but you still leave the house. Grow up.eegrek
Sorry but this is just bullshit.
Girl dies doing stupid shit
Family and girl too stupid to read a contract properly
Can't afford bills yet would happily shill daughters name for energy drink company when she was still alive.
All she did was fly down a hill on skis, what does she want a fucking medal?
Honestly don't understand the outpouring, if you're going to raise $725 you could at least donate it to some real fucking victims.
The only thing this family are victims of is being too middle class.
"promote the ideals she valued and embodied"
The ideals and values of throwing yourself down a mountain and not reading contracts properly?
- slow clapGeorgesII
- I understand what you mean by "real victims" in a way, but this is simply not true : "All she did was fly down a hill on skis"Jaline
- you can donate to whoever the hell you want to donate to, and so can everyone else.dbloc
- and i assume you're the expert on her ideals and values since you knew her so well.bogue
As a result of Sarah's 9-day hospital stay, her family is being left with a $550,000 bill. Please help them during this difficult time and donate. Thank you
- The thought of non-universal healthcare boggles my mind; this is very unfortunate...ideaist
- she's canadian - and we have healthcare - how could there be a bill?
- she was hospitalized in SLC, Utahbliznutty
- Yeah, it's a different location.Jaline
- God Bless the American Healthcare System!utopian
- They need a third party to go over the medical Invoices- Always insane Gouging by the U.S. Hospitals.BH26