- Last post
- 11 Responses
Today, Baio announced he had paid $32,000 in a copyright settlement — not over the music, which he licensed from the publisher, but over the album cover, a pixel art version of the iconic Kind of Blue cover photographed by Jay Maisel.
Very interesting article though. I like that he included plenty of other related situations and examples.
poor guy, he still think he was doing it right...
...but why did he license all the music for his project but not the artwork? expensive mistake.
He has a nice house
This is why I loath photographers, their archaic medium protected by archaic copyright law.
Everyone else eats a shit sandwich
- Cite Shep Fairey vs That AP Photographer etc.etc.etc.ToxicDesign
- no one cares what you type, you realize that right?registe
- protect your works, invest in yourself like the photographer did. this is unnecessary hateregiste
- You seem to care :)ToxicDesign
Simple detournement. Dude should have went to court and them counter-sued this asshat.
I thought the rule was you had to change over 51% of the image? In this case he failed. Right?
interesting article and case.
- I hope the attention this issue gets leads to more digital album sales and donations.Dodecahedron
- i like 3 and 4 from the bottomDodecahedron