- Last post
- 9 Responses
Pay your people before you pay yourself g*damnit. Keep your friggin books straight or have enough sense to not lead a heard off a cliff. My hat goes off to any agency owner that understands the value of really caring for the people they employ and what happens to them when you lie.
so, what happened?
Sounds like you need a drink.
The only agencies you might find honor within are the independents.
Stay away from the holding companies.
@ bigtrick - An old employer contacted me about some old files. They archived those files, and should have anything they need from me many moons ago.
I think it's inappropriate that anyone from there contact me about anything, seeing as a bunch of the freelancers I employed through them including myself were not paid in full for a handful of projects (including whatever it is they're trying to retrieve). We waited a full year later to get partial payment, and basically told we should be happy we're getting that. Rather than giving them a raw piece of my mind which is pretty pointless at this point, I just let them know they need to check their archived files and defer to that for any future inquiries.
I can't process how a business owner that is in the business of selling our creative work could justify treating talent this way and manage to sleep at night. I'm so angry for the freelancers I worked with there who trusted them because they trusted working with me. I'd love to see the same kind of equity in the creative work people do reflected in the way those creatives are taken care of by their employers.
I started my own production company a while ago now. My conscience drives a lot of the decisions I make when it comes to how I treat the people I work with and hire. But, I've found that there's a lot of really wack logic that goes on with small and large shops alike.
- Out of principle I probably would have ignored the file request. You are 100% right that they should have their shit together.monospaced
- together. The nerve they have to ask for help from someone they treated so badly. Hope to meet you next time you're in NYCmonospaced
- NYC. I missed you last time, but Eddie assured me it was fun times. Who won the contest?monospaced
@monospaced I'm coming back next week and staying until April 1! I have a swap again in this same spot in Manhattan for a few weeks. Eddie saw it. It's got this phenomenal view. You should cruise bu. But then I'm moving to this new space up in Williamsburg that'll be super tight for a get together. Maybe I'll organize a small boyb qbn drinks at my place. Eddie definitely won the contest btw. lol
- johnny totally won the contest.. i came in 2nd..e-pill
- Yeah, I heard about the rooftop view. Definitely have to get in on that.monospaced
- i dont know when i would be able to come out. im battling a rough case of bronchitis..e-pill
- also i wont be able to smoke again if ever as my lungs are in bad shape.. it sucks..e-pill
- eddie: looks like i'll have to make you some canna butter so you can bake :Dshellie
- that may be my only way.. do vaporizers burn on the lungs?e-pill
- vaporizers don't really burn dude, and I think I'm gettng one this weekmonospaced
- < LOL. Not spring yet.shellie
- i can't tell what kind of car that is, and it's driving me nuts. it's almost an e34 3-series, but looks too small and the hoop makes no sensebigtrick
- makes no sense.bigtrick
- the tiny wheels lead me to believe it's some sort of econobox, but i can't figure out what it could bebigtrick
- that's a FORDakrokdesign
- "escort" http://imganuncios.m…akrokdesign
- they never sold them in the states.akrokdesign
- maybe it's europe. you'll see them ford escorts everywhere.stewart
- must be.akrokdesign
- ahhhhhh thanks! i am at peace now.bigtrick
eeecchh - sorry things turned out that way, shellie.