- Last post
- 4 Responses
does anyone have any experience with a 3G card for their Apple laptop, for international travel?
I'm traveling to a couple of Asian countries for about a month and need to have some internet access wherever I go (work email).
The websites for ATT, Verizon, and Tmobile are horrendous. I don't know if it's a lack of service or bad information design, but America sucks when it comes to mobile IT.
which asian countries, be specific.
- generally in the hotels you will have the best services.. depending on the countrye-pill
- true, but the Wifi in the hotels range anywhere from $15-$30 USD per day!randommail
- And I just need to check Gmail like once or twice a day.randommail
- in the hotel you can just stick in the ethernet cable into your puter.. no wifi needed..e-pill
- there is nothing free in the expensive places you are going too..e-pill
- didn't ask about free.
I need to buy a card here, in the states, dammit.randommail
Japan, South Korea, and possibly Singapore.
since your question is for wireless for computer.. meh.. i never had to carry my laptop with me around the country, but lets say japan.. your phone [dosent matter what part of the world you are from] won work ass japan has its own phone carriers and you will either need to get a japan only sim card or a temp phone..
the 3 places you are going to are the most industrial of any in asia.. meaning you shouldnt have any more issues than you will any where in america..
you will be looking for wifi regardless..
You'll find free wifi a bit hard to find in Japan.
It's as if all home networks are defaulted to be password protected,
and the commercially available will almost always require you to take out your credit card.
But if you can stand yucky coffee there's Starbuckses all over the place, and most of those have free wifi without the need for any signup.
Of course...you'll inevitably be that Apple laptop guy in there.