- Last post
- 22 Responses
Hell yeah. I'm going to In & Out today to get me a Double Double.
guilt-free depending on where you get your meat from. I don't support unsustainable farming practices.
- I'm not a vegan, but in reality murdering cows is unsustainable, no matter how you want it not to beMiguex
- acescence
- well, the whole animal rights issue is obviously miniscule to you?Miguex
- if animals are raised humanely i have no problems eating them.acescence
^ I hate that graphic - it implies that 1500 gallons is turned into 1 lb of beef. Which is crap. Rain falls on the field to grow the grass, and is returned to the water table as cow-piss (or into the air as cow-sweat/breath). Presumably water is used to hose down cowsheds and abbatoirs and carcasses; this is returned to the water cycle through sewage processing & recycling. 1500 gallons might be USED but it all remains within the water cycle.
it's interesting to see the relative numbers, but absent any context it's mostly meaningless. getting your veggies from giant monoculture farms on the other side of the planet that rape the land and pollute the water with pesticides is not quite the same as getting locally, sustainably farmed organic veggies.
red meat can cause gout
was dumbing-down the point that beef is a horribly inefficient food source.
on the other hand, these so called "land rapers/ pesticide pollutants" can also be working locally right? I mean.. we always think that local farmers enforce better practices, yet some people have to be living near the bad guys too, and they call those guys locals right?
More than buying local I think the right thing to do is "be informed of what you are buying and where is coming from".
- so... you're basically agreeing with me.acescence
- local and sustainable are separate things, yes. sorry i wasn't crystal clear in my exampleacescence
- yes, I was just pointing out the fact, that somewhere, these rapists are local farmers to some peopleMiguex
- maybe to myself, I went to farmers market last sunday, maybe that old nice lady is one of those land rapist, but she is so kind...Miguex
- so kind.. ever seen that old lady from futurama? hahaMiguex
- i guess i have the luxury of being in northern cali with all the hippiesacescence
you guys have missed the point :|
for those outside the states:
Ugh, don't be such a chicken. Just eat it. I really don't understand where all this beef is coming from. You health freaks are annoying with your misleading charts... it's udder nonsense. I'm all for a little high-stake eating every now & then.
- where can i get that fabric? i need to make some curtains.iCanHasQBN
- my old roommate referred to labia as beef curtains, haha. that's nasty.acescence
- you only heard that from your roommate?mg33
- hahahaah at beef curtainsMiguex
- well the correct term is "meat-curtains".iCanHasQBN
- well, it was 17 years ago, i think that may be the first time i'd heard it.acescence
what a bunch of meat bags...
I had the DoubleDown a few weeks ago. It was pretty tasty.