- Last post
- 44 Responses
Multitasking has arrived.
I'm just glad they upgraded the inbox. managing 3 or 4 email accounts on an iphone sucks right now
Release the iKraken!
pretty cool...seems like they're playing "catch up" now though.
Genius .. release features slowly throughout the lifespan of a product, to keep the product fresh.
- Tell people it took a long time because it was difficult, and you wanted to do a really good job.lukus_W
- 'fresh'...for 1998eieio
- I believe Apple.monospaced
- They know how to play it.lukus_W
- They also know how to build it.monospaced
- its so true. it hurts.benfal99
- the multitasking is actually really an elegant solution.spifflink
- ...that was available in zidia ages ago... even for crappy old iphonesmaikel
so do i need the new phone for all these new features or is it a download for my current phone?
- It's a download .. but you'll give up yr jailbreak no doubt.lukus_W
- give up what? what is jailbreak?e-pill
- hmm... really?lukus_W
- yes really, i check on google and i dont use that.. why would you think i would?e-pill
- I thought everyone who owned an iPhone did .. sorry - wasn't suggesting you're a criminal type.lukus_W
- There's absolutely no reason to jailbreak an iPhone.monospaced
- I bet someone will come up with a way to give multitasking to iPhone 3G via a jailbreak version of OS4.lukus_W
- no reason to jailbreak? u serious?Milan
Funny you say that Mimio. They might be catching-up, but they're only months behind, which isn't too bad. Android OS is going to have to play catch-up now that they don't have a ton of features to taunt Apple with anymore.
oh maaaang, iAd. this is kinda scary
So does this mean multitasking will be coming to the....*dramatic pause...iPad?
iAd .. errrr - well, if there was any chance I was going to buy an iPhone, I think that chance has now disappeared.
- Apple collect 40% - 'industry standard' .. erm...? right.lukus_W
- does that mean you'll stop using the internet too? last i recall it has banner ads as well.spifflink
- I never see any banner adverts.lukus_W
- using adblock? nice! i hate ads too, but you are ripping off the sites that need that income.spifflink
- I disagree.lukus_W
- What would happen if companies that rely on advertising revenue disappeared tomorrow?lukus_W
- the ad companies serving them would get hit hard and most of us in here owuld lose our jobs.spifflink
- well i guess not most of us, just a bunch. its a decent sized platform of apps and sites. those companies would have to charge for contentspifflink
- charge for content. which wouldnt fly.spifflink
- i used to work for company that provided a lot of ad work and infrastructure for sites like that, and we all got laid off for similar user tacticsspifflink
- user tacticsspifflink
- I think the advertising industry is directly responsible for a lot of problems our societies face.lukus_W
- I don't mean to suggest you should be out of a job - but I don't think that advertising is sustainable or just model for growth.lukus_W
- i agree, and i think companies should be exploring different options and ideas to sustain growth, but it is what it is for nowspifflink
- i really don't take exception to apple's approach. its just like other ad supported apps, just more interactivespifflink
- if you want it to be. from what i understand it doesn't pop up without the user wanting it to.spifflink
all updates now only . 99$
so this download works for 3G models? or only the 3Gs and above?
3G iPhone users (and those using the first gens) get pissed on!
yumm apple piss flavour tastes great
glad to see my year old 3G is now a fucking brick in apple's eyes.
- that is pretty shadylukus_W
- we're dried up pieces of cat shit to them now.dopepope
- Dude, that shit is old.monospaced
- Cait Sith from Final Fantasy 7 is what we are now..e-pill
- except for every other feature ever being updated still? its their budget phone!spifflink
11:29AM Ryan Block from GDGT: What about running unsigned apps? Steve: You know, there's a porn store for Android. Anyone can download them. You can, your kids can. That's just not a place we want to go.
ha, someone finally shot the jailbreak question
"We tried to buy AdMob, but Google snatched them because they didn't want us to have them."
It really is amazing. Every 'negative' can be played as a positive.
E.g. Apple want to introduce an advertising platform to increase revenue further.
Many developers are having to give away Apps free or cheap -> difficult for them to make enough money to 'survive' .. we're going to give them another way to make revenue so they can make enough to live. Enter iAds.
I think eventually Apple will get too greedy though - and that'll be their undoing. The Midas touch isn't going to last forever.