- Last post
- 4 Responses
I'm putting together a 90sec intro. I've got the voiceover cut up into like 20 segments so I can control when each line is read.
The problem though is in the timeline they're all stacked, which is taking up a ton of vertical space. I cant put them on one line, and I dont see a folder option in the timeline.
I know you can create a separate composition and put them all in that, but thats a problem because you cant easily see the VO clips to time them with the animation without going into that composition, and then you cant see the animation elements.
Can you render out the video, and then do your sound in an editing app? Might be way easier, as you can playback and tweak in real time. Also solves your other layer issue.
use shy layers. each layer has a little icon that looks like a dude popping his head up.
- <-- Or that. Was about to type that as an alternate.harlequino
- Ah perfect! Thanks dude.CygnusZero4
- Never knew about that.CygnusZero4
- oh and enable the global shy button to hide/show all shy layers in the comp
- Yeah I just figured that out. Exactly what I needed.CygnusZero4
The problem is I have some health issues so I have to do this on a little laptop screen at home. Otherwise I could use the big monitor in the office.
The shy layers thing is great.
FCP for sound yo