- Last post
- 21 Responses
What is a good starting pay for an Interactive Art Director, specifically in St. Louis? I just need a point of reference to go from.
AIGA Salary. Google it.
Depends on how much you feel you are worth.
What's the difference with Interactive Art Director and Art Director???
- If you dont know then you dont know.MrDinky
- I totally know - I'm into interactive myself, but feel that the difference is blurring...clearThoughts
- interactive art directors exclusively focus on interactive projects e.g. (web, mobile, kiosk, video), etc...utopian
- about 10KMSTRPLN
- Art Directors and Creative Directors can be considered the "idea" people in an Advertising Firm often are not considered "hands on" creatives with the design team. Interactive directors tend to be in charge of the Idea-Production-Comp... and of Interactive pieces usually web or mobile basedambermiro
Depends on how much they feel you are worth.
In two years time, when all fonts become available in the Browser. What will be the difference??
It's all about Art Directing shoots, typography, colours, etc... anyways - isnt'it?
depends on who you work for...
... and doesn't depend on where you live. ;)
If you apply for this job - you better understand how to design to the pixel and understand that there are multiple resolutions / devices out there that your 'shit' must work on...
... so if you're just a print dork - please don't bother unless you've taken the time to understand pixels / resolution / multiple applications / devices etc...
... else you're not an interactive A.D... you're just another print fag.
- divisive aren't we?identity
- no... and fuck off alreadyPonyBoy
- ceiling cat blesses youceiling_cat
- print fags aren't nearly this angry :-)identity
- that's cuz you're content knowing only so much... ain't no shame in itPonyBoy
- maybe one day we'll teach you guys some things about type ;-)identity
- maybe one day print designers like me (w/a load of type knowledge) will take the time to learn interactive ;)PonyBoy
- touché - Besides, I was just generalizing... I'd love to get into interactive - I just seem to have a block up...identity
- and your work is quite goodidentity
- haha.. thx...
... you do realize i'm just being a blowhard to be a blowhard.. :)
Just busting balls...PonyBoy
- ... most 'print' designers get scared w/the 'dev' side of interactive - I wish 'ya'll' would loosen up some and 'try'. ;)PonyBoy
- very true - its something that I NEED to learn... (Have you SEEN the KROP job-board?)
Where should I start?identity
- best place to start - do something for yourself... because you're going to bury yourself in anything that is yoursPonyBoy
- or... take on a small project for a small biz that needs pro-bono help... something you can attack and not be worried about failing onPonyBoy
- no doubt - I was wondering, as far a development languages go - what i should start with? Im moderately good with CSS...identity
- learn Object Oriented Programming (O.O.P.) concepts - you should be able to jump around from therePonyBoy
- nice thanks! last question - any industry-standard book on any of that? something that will take a NOOB like me to functional?identity
- Start with a Colin Moock Actionscript book :)
Unnecessarily rude and completely wrong about it not mattering where you live. Just ask the people outsourcing to India.
India? what the fuck does India have to do w/being an Interactive Art Directors?
I can't say I've heard anything about A.D. jobs going to... India..
... perhaps all the customer service shit or easily-managed multiple-employee service tasks are sent there... but A.D. jobs?... huh?
Also - it DOES NOT matter where you live if you can do the A.D. work you say you can...
... don't get all butthurt, folks... er.. cybrain ;)
Is his name Jim?
55k, but I see zero real interactive work in your portfolio, is there a bunch somewhere you're not sharing? I don't see how you are qualified for the job.
It really does matter where you live, employers (especially in STL) can and will be cheap if the cost of living where they are located is low.
Detroit and benefits and shit..
@NONEIS are you joking? 55K?
a blow job, and SIR, YES, SIR!!
"Depends on how much you feel you are worth."
i wish that one would work, but most of the times don't.
Seriously guys, worked at the best shop in STL for 4 years, it's not a high paying market, nuff said.
"Depends on how much you feel you are worth."
You guys make me laugh when you send messages out like this! Think if it was your company, your going to pay the guy the minimal you can without them feeling like a smuck! As for the comment above, well it's right, and it's also how you sell yourself to that company. If they think your inspirational and can't do without you, then BAMM! you get the chance to bargin with the amount you get paid. If not, you are going to get one offer and that's it.