- Last post
- 10 Responses
Hi guys, I have just spent 3 months in the USA as my new partner lives out there, I'm back home in the UK now & was hoping to re visit the USA in about 5wks time. Is this allowed on the VWP (visa waiver program?) Is there rules on how long you have to be back in the UK for before you can go back?
It's proving difficult to find this information on the net, so if anyone has already gone thru this situation, any help would be much appreciated.
business or lover?
i'd call an american consulate/ embassy in the UK; they will have sure fire facts for you.
I was being a cheap skate, was gonna call them last resort, they cost a fortune to call.
they cost like £1.50 a min too I think
Well I could give you sound advice, but it would be completely fictional. Best bet would be to ring, last thing you want is to try to board a flight and be refused. Or get there and be denied entry.
marry her then problem solved
- u might need a big kahuna burger just before u do the deed :)WeLoveNoise
- Is that a euphemism for sex?shitehawke
- that the one with the big dirty chunk of pineapple on it?jay_jay
- big chunk ??? fuckin american metric system :)WeLoveNoise
- or him, he said "partner"scarabin
^ I can't marry 'her' 'cause it's a 'him' ha, I'm gay. Americans don't really approve of the gay marriage thing just yet.
- Surely its approved of in some states? Goggle it, sir, you may be surprised.shitehawke
- oh well get him over here and then problem solved no ?WeLoveNoise
- I think its allowed in 3 states possibly 4, but I dont think they let you in like a straight marriage.jay_jay
there are no rules to how long you have to be back in the UK before trying to visit the states again under the vwp. it just comes down to if it starts to look like you are trying to live in the states surreptitiously, at which point immigration will probably refuse you entry. are you planning on visiting for a further 3 months?
- yes, hopefully try for an extension too on the next visit.jay_jay
- if you want an extended visit, for 6 months, you have to make an appointment at the embassy, and prove that you have funds to support yourself for that time period.offpixel
- ...have funds to last you that time period.offpixel