- Last post
- 193 Responses
Oh the stupidity....
French skunk Pepe Le Pew will not appear in an upcoming "Space Jam" sequel and is not planned to feature in any new "Looney Tunes" cartoons, sources familiar with the productions told AFP, as a debate swirls over sexism and "cancel culture" in Hollywood.
The lovelorn cartoon animal -- who spends most of his time in luckless pursuit of a female cat who is repelled by his advances and noxious smell -- hit the headlines last week after a New York Times columnist said Pepe "normalized rape culture."
At the launch of streaming platform HBO Max last year, "Looney Tunes Cartoons" producer Peter Browngardt said cartoon hunter Elmer Fudd would no longer tote a rifle, telling The New York Times: "We're not doing guns."
- I can't wait to see Robin Hood without a bow and arrow and Jesus without nails.Nairn
- ^ did you guys have Rocket Robinhood cartoon in the UK?Gnash
- My mother used to say 40 years ago he should leave the kitty alone cause she didn't want it. That was enough for me.oey_oey
- rocket robin hood, one of the best intro tunes ever. Also funny how they used to reuse episodes from spiderman and switch spidey for Robin hood_niko
- but seriously, how about the homicidal maniac Wily Coyote? don't forget to cancel him too._niko
- Thank the lord, Warner Bros has solved rape.MondoMorphic
- QBN’rs outraged at Warner Bros?NBQ00
- No one mentioning today’s modern cartoons and how they are ultra hyped up shouty crap. At least I gained an impression of French accent from this.shapesalad
- Hi kids, do you like violence??StoicLevels
- So what? They’ve been canceling their own problematic cartoons for decadesscarabin
- Pepe le Pew was brilliant. I still do his voice to this day. The point of the cartoon - the point of cartoons - is to hilight ridiculousness. Wrong is funny.Nairn
- Shhh, nairn. Don’t wreck itGnash
- To be fair, since watching Pepe Le Pew, every time I rape someone it kinda does just feel, like, normal.NonEntity