- Last post
- 677 Responses
Individuals with a cervix are now recommended to start cervical cancers screening at 25 and continue through age 65, with HPV testing every five years as the preferred method of testing, according to a new guideline released by the American Cancer Society
Lol. cnn now calling women, "individuals with a cervix"
Not a cult.
- fuckng hell. I'm sure I saw this exact-same phrasing elsewhere a week or two ago, possibly somewhere here in Blighty.Nairn
- Been watching this explode on twitter.i_monk
- What I don't get is all these righteous wimmin defending males who want to own and dominate their dialogue, it's ... weird.Nairn
- "Trans rights are men's rights" if you follow the right hashtagsi_monk
- I try not to follow any of this as it's even more depressing than C19 - yet here I am all the same with my opinions, male that I am.Nairn
- it's not 'male' nairn, i think you can use something like, sperm-emitter, or prostrate possessonatorGnash
- haha, excellent - *steal* - I've added that to my profile.Nairn
- can't get cervical cancer without a cervixmonospaced
- and there are obviously women without cervixes, so it's not really complicatedmonospaced
- What if I identify as having a cervix?Chimp
- What if I identify as a cervix?Nairn
- Hmm, that would make me a cunt, so not far off base.Nairn
- @chimp, then get your cervical screening and let a doctor deal with itmonospaced
- To be fair to CNN, they are just quoting exactly what the original article says
- @mono, so why not just say 'women with a cervix' -- even less 'complicated' derpGnash
- I read this as an attempt to include trans-men with cervixes rather than not exclude trans-women without cervixes.
Wrap your head around that one!deadsperm
- @Gnash, I don't know, I don't even care. It's really not my business, but a cervix is a cervix, and it can get cancer.monospaced
- The phrase 'Cervix Charges' popped into mind and now I can't help but think how many I've had over the years.
Not as many as Trump.Nairn
- Transmen get 'cervixes' made from penile tissue, so do you call it cervical cancer or penile cancer? Trick Q: If you call it penile cancer you're a transphobe.i_monk
- (er, typo, transwomen get that surgery)i_monk
- https://twitter.com/… Half of women don't know what a cervix is, so this language excludes women toi_monk
- affirm a handful of peoplei_monk
- ^ oh dear, lolGnash