- Last post
- 334 Responses
China’s Got a New Plan to Overtake the U.S. in Tech
Beijing is accelerating its bid for global leadership in key technologies, planning to pump more than a trillion dollars into the economy through the rollout of everything from wireless networks to artificial intelligence.
In the masterplan backed by President Xi Jinping himself, China will invest an estimated $1.4 trillion over six years to 2025, calling on urban governments and private tech giants like Huawei Technologies Co. to lay fifth generation wireless networks, install cameras and sensors, and develop AI software that will underpin autonomous driving to automated factories and mass surveillance.
- But Google and co are doing the same right now. That’s Ok because not China?MrT
- FUTURE IS SCARY
for so many reasonsBennn
- they overtake us tech by cutting the freedom of individuals close to zero.sted
- Feed an AI with data based on simplified people, which doesn't sounds bad at first if you want the same false picture what you get with old communist methods.sted
- Nothing's stopping the USA from also investing in new technology.yuekit
- yuekit that's a weird thing because its going non-stop in the past 10-15 years and that is why it is so difficult to compete in this marketsted
- All that power and you use it to suppress rather than innovate?grafician
- They'll overtake, and win, because mindless consumers just want want want for cheap cheap cheap.inteliboy