- Last post
- 79 Responses
I'm finding myself listening less and less to these guys.
There's only a certain number of times I can hear Rubin and co complain about university campuses. You start to form this world view that we're in some kind of neo-liberal feminist cultural crisis.
When in the reality, it's the right and 'far right' that are in control of todays political climate across the world. Not a bunch of annoying pink haired twenty somethings on twitter.
Though do still tune in occasionally to Harris and Rogan - they seem to be the only guys that explore other shit like AI, consciousness, science and tech.
- i tend to agree, Rubin and Shapiro annoy the shit out of me, they seem to think less in favour of provocation. I can't get enough of the Weinsteins. With...Morning_star
- ...regard to the pink haired twenty somethings, i think they need to grow a set and start engaging with those that disagree with them.Morning_star
- Rogan is dark web?monospaced
- meet the IDW ;) . https://www.nytimes.…Morning_star
- IDW if a format not an ideology, mono.MrAbominable
- ^ isMrAbominable
- Thank you, MrAbominableBonSeff
- Rogan is a podcast host no? I thought this was an intellectual movement no, that happened to use new media as a channel.fadein11
- Christ I quite like Rogan as well, thought the whole point was he didn't know who to agree with.fadein11
- Yeah Rogans pretty neutral, he does a great job examining and exploring all sides, he changes his mind a lot too which is great._niko
- I find that on a long enough timeline, people will eventually say something that turns you off of them._niko
- yep. he had Brian Cox on last week hafadein11
- Neither do the other members of the IDW. That's the point, open and challenging public thought and discussion.Morning_star
- As long as they all kind of agree on the foundations. Where are all the women?fadein11
- Heather E. Heying, Christina Hoff Sommers.Morning_star
- Cool, will check them out. Was worried oprah may be included as rogan is hafadein11
- ifn i'm not wrong, morning_star, wouldn't it be correct to say that 'most' of the IDW identify as Left?MrAbominable
- I believe Sommers does. I know Rogan and Petersen do.MrAbominable
- @MrAbomonable. I believe you’re right. However when asked Peterson and Harris, among others, have claimed they aren’t political.Morning_star
- ^I suggest that a lot of the criticism against IDW is that it's largely Left being open to critique against Left ...which is abhorrent to Progressives.MrAbominable