- Last post
- 1,680 Responses
The continued phone calls I'm getting for web design services because I didn't purchase a domain with privacy guard on it.
When they ask me what my business is, or what the website is going to be, I tell them, as slowly as I can draw it out, that I'm making a web page that very clearly tells people to purchase privacy guard when they register a domain, so they "don't get inundated with phone calls like this one every day." LOL
Then I tell them I'd love their help designing that page. I really need to start recording these calls.
- give them the number of the developers that Moldero is working withGnash
- "Sir, may I ask what your business is?"
...... *dial tonekona
- I'm so busy at work, I don't have the time to mess with them as I'd like, which is to take 20 minutes to describe the project before I tell them the punchline.mg33
- During one call, I said my business was to promote a recipe that was to take a pizza, wrap it in a tortilla, wrap it in another pizza, then a waffle,mg33
- then chocolate cake, and coat it in icing, and bake it at 350 for an hour.mg33
- I said precisely that at least 6 times, and eventually the guy could say all that back to me.mg33
- After like 5 minutes of this, when he asked what I needed help with, I told him "nothing, because I'm a web designer, a developer, and a marketing guru."mg33
- "But thanks for your time and i hope you visit the site one day to check out the recipe." LMAO I wish I had recorded this so badly...mg33
- wow - is this still an issue. never give your landline (if that still exists). give mobile and use android - my phone blocks all suspicious spam calls nowfadein11
- without me doing anything. love it.fadein11