- Last post
- 873 Responses
I love science, but the way the masses approaches it is just wrong, you can't come out and say we know everything, science is perfect and can do no wrong,
that's bullshit, yet it is the attitude I see everyday on the web, and please don't put me in the same category of other users because I express a diverging point of view,
I feel it's just wrong to never talk about the fraud that passes as done deal, the peer reviewed paper who never were peer reviewed, the obscure financing practices, the experimental research on humans, etc...
being a scientist doesn't make you better nor more special than anyone else, so a little bit of scrutiny would be appreciated,
let me close my rant with a quote from one of the greatest mind of the last century. when he realized what he had accomplished..
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."
- Robert Oppenheimer
- I agree with this, why would we put you in a category for saying it?ESKEMA
- * tilt tin foil hat
"because when you criticize science, you're automatically labelled a retarded creationistGeorgesIV
- This is precisely why for many, science is definitely a belief system.mrrgl
- at least it makes sense!monospaced
- Those problems are people / society related. Not science. It just happens that scientists are humans and there is alsoESKEMA
- Stupid scientists. Nothing new there...ESKEMA
- you see, you will never accept that some science is flawed, how can you not say it's belief based.. do you even see it?GeorgesIV
- people are flawedscarabin