Not-For-Profit Freelance Rates
Out of context: Reply #13
- Last post
- 14 Responses
I've done work for 3 nonprofits, and if a new nonprofit approached me, I'd be more interested in the relationship quality than the hourly rate. Also, can't discuss hourly rate online, but counting unbillable hours is the sub-context too.... 2 of the 3 nonprofits were pretty good clients, one was INSANE....
I'd be interested in knowing:
- Are they were triple-biddiing it, (and do they know the difference between an estimate and a bid)
- if they already had somebody else in mind but were looking for "just another estimate"
-if somebody referred them to me
-how they found me... why call me?
-if I had to provide all receipts and justify each hour.
- if they were willing to have only one and only one point person and decision maker.
- have they done similar projects in the past, is this new?
- are they hiring me to fix something somebody else messed up?
- who has final approval?
- How do we define finished, how do we define success?
- sorry if I sound burned out, but I think these things can save your friend's sanity & budget...vaxorcist