- Last post
- 14 Responses
Writing an HTML email using CS6 Dreamweaver. CS4 I never had a problem with but CS6 is converting é and " and other symbols to code when the email sends.
If I use HTML instead of the character when typing it works ok. Is there a way of setting DW to automatically add the HTML for the character, rather than adding it by hand?
better luck on Adobe forums?....I think most of the Devs here don't use DW.
dreamweaver isn't a professional tool. sucks but true.
- complete and utter nonsensemonolith
- it is probably the most advanced and great IDE for web development including mobile.monolith
- of course it is, if you use it as a code editor. Professionals don't use software to write their code.spot13
- don't feed the troll...set
- Waaaat... nonsenseGeorgesIV
- pfft talking shit but anyway.HAYZ1LLLA
I'm not a professional - just a human
Sounds like an issue with character encoding? Maybe you writing in ANSI (c/p from Word) and then saving your HTML document as UTF-8? (for example)
Somewhere in the prefs you can define how special characters are handled, whether auto convert or not.
it's escaping the special characters to html, there should be an option to disable the character escaping.
shut the fuck up Lloyd
Artist don't use software to draw.
Anyone having issues with Dreamweaver's FTP? Had been working fine up until last week - not sure if it's the software or something else.
^ such bullshit. As a code editor its hard to beat. I doubt anyone here uses its visual editor shit. Really if you get used to a code editor and are superfast in it why change. Lol@textmate.
Do your research properly.
As for Coda - thats shite. Looks lovely but thats about it.
- Autocomplete for people who don't know how to use snippets
- No snippets
- No decent way to run commands against code
- No decent way to integrate into the command line
- Antiquated WYSIWYG shit still sitting there in memory even if you don't use it
- Costs a fuckload of money
- No one builds modern development tools upon it because of points 1/2/3
- FTP client that can't even do it's one job properly
Agree with animatedgif, stop using dreamweaver. I'd suggest Aptana. It's free, multi-platform, works great with git, decent code completion, loads of other shit.
So much wankery...just use the tool that gets the fucken job done. has worked fine for my needs thus far...just the FTP shits me.