- Last post
- 147 Responses
It's tomorrow. Someone's going to win this thing. They're sitting on their couch right now, picking a booger, watching Big Bang Theory... and tomorrow they'll have a half billion dollars in their possession. It's kind of hard to wrap my mind around something like that. To go from relatively nothing to ultra wealthy in literally 1 minute.
So, what would you do?
I'd change my name. Travel for a year straight. Alternate between my apartments in Amsterdam, Paris, Florence, and NYC. Ride my bicycle around. Buy a great white shark and train it to play nice with me. Pretty much lay as low as possible.
if i would won, i wouldn't tell anyone.
I'd pay 2002 to draw dollar signs for me all day
^ I would do that as well. But unfortunately, with these kind of lotteries you're required to show yourself on camera, with lotto representatives, and the big check, etc. I don't think you are required to speak however. So if the reporters in the room ask you what you're going to do with your money, you could just say nothing.
pay all debt.
buy a few house.
travel, of course.
a few cars.
I would buy $540 million dollar worth of lottery
well, its $540 mil. before taxes.
- so, around 378akrok
- if 30% applies.akrok
- So I'd still have to shop at Old Navy? Shoot.CanHasQBN
- u guys have to pay taxes on lottery winnings? hadigdre
- its actually 40% not 30% you are forgetting about luxury tax.e-pill
- you guys have to actually come to NYC get a job? ha!e-pill
- hahaha. *hi 5*akrok
- i believe it's closer to 50% for some reasonmonospaced
- some states do not. Florida, Texas and a couple other states74LEO
- I'm in Canada, so I can buy a ticket and win and not pay taxes at all. LOL!!!moniker
I would take out a loan
I would hire Hedge as my personal bag boy.
fucking florida is not part of mega millions.. oi
i miss NEW YORK!!
how much is Iceland worth these days?
I've got $20 worth – fingers crossed.
Buy an island, build a fortress and staff it for two generations. Then focus on making babies.
- the amount of gold $540 million could buy is a 31" cube weighing 10 tons.albums
- I said coins. Not pure gold block(s).ETM
- my point is if they're solid gold, coin or not, it won't be 90ft there'd be coins scattered on the flooralbums
- uh huh. Captain Literal is in the house.ETM
- i don't think you can actually swim through coins either....AK_tiv47
I would keep 10% and then donate the rest to NASA.
Calgary, Alberta (CNN) - Winner of the record $540 million dollar lottery has died was crushed to death from weight of gold coins as he tried to swim through it. Identified as ETM of Calgary Alberta, he converted all of winnings to 1oz gold coin with a total weight of 6786 kg. Witnesses noted his reference to Scrooge McDuck who famously swam through gold coins. Sadly, ETM could not differentiate from cartoon to reality.
A close friend, who declined to give his name but identified as mg33, said that ETM was a generous man. When he won the jackpot, he immediate provided mg33 with two women for sexual entertainment at the same time.
ETM is survived by children Huie, Duie and Louie.
- Spit out water @ "identified as ETM of Calgary..."mg33
- dude, I worked way too much today, totally exhausted at home now. This was a much needed laugh.mg33
- Nice! :D Not correct though, it was one woman and one transexual. An honest mistake mg33.ETM
- I understand it didn't ruin the night though. ;)ETM