- Last post
- 21 Responses
sorry Nightline not Dateline
I'm sure it'll be hard hitting and ask the tough questions.
- good point, they are all to blameeieio
- apple's image is too good. it's like putting a baby in the same room with a pedobear. irresistible.pango
- People are outraged at Apple due to their business practices overall. Btw, You don't see Foxconn employees carrying Acer products stained in blood now do you? I guess they just don't get it, yah?monolith
- Acer products stained in blood now do you? I guess they just don't get it, yah?monolith
- Apple is the largest and most successful.DrBombay
- because other companies allow just a tad higher margin - read the NYT article about the issuepr2
- wait! someone carried an apple product stained in blood? i gotta see that!pango
- i'm not saying it in a psychotic way....pango
- or some weird fetish... my doctor told me i'm fine...pango
- I also would like to see someone carrying around an iphone stained with blood.Al_dizzle
I heard they threatened a mass suicide.
Isn't the ratio of suicides less then that of the states?
Also I guess Apple take the heat because they are the biggest, just like McDonalds with obese people or Nike with sweatshops.
There was an article somewhere about how Foxconn had been using huge numbers of unpaid 'interns' sourced from nearby technical schools. Evidently they've got it rigged up so that if you wanted to graduate from these technical schools, you needed to do your stint of free labour at Foxconn, sort of like a practicum. However this applied to whole campuses, even if your field of study was nursing/food services and had nothing to do with electronics manufacturing.
comparing a factory's suicide rate to an entire country doesn't seem appropriate. Are there any factories in the US that have this many suicides? What is Walmart's suicide rate? But really judging the quality conditions based on the suicide rate is really way off base, look at the numerous other factors in their working conditions, its a miserable place to be.
Upton Sinclairs 'the jungle' springs to mind.
Well you got to give it to companies who out source to foxcom, make cheap, pay top dollar to the end user, Fucking Win Win for everyone.
wtf. Thought it was gonna be on here in Canada.
yay. it's on a different channel than usual
Damn. Foxconn really knows how to exploit them sheep! Anyone else taking notes?
-Sent from my iPhone
God bless capitalism!
-Sent from my iPad
got it recorded. I'll be watching tonight.