- Last post
- 137 Responses
So is New York rap back? The southerns deaded? Did Skrillex ruin dubstep?
A lot of questions, few answers, but A$AP Rocky seems like the real deal.
Hip Hop is Biebs.
- pfffft. pre-written.ThePublics
- "Yuuuck." --Pusha TComplexfruit
- can't stand fake flows. Rap how you talk you little shit._niko
- he might have a better career in rap than in pop/r&b prewriten/ghostwrite... or not.tredesigns
- as a jay-z clone he could go platinumjon_d
- :45 was all I could stands...stoplying
- Not only pre-written, but ghost-written as well.BRNK
- I can't wait for this season of celebrity rehab !!FawnDog
- lol at this
LOL AT THIS
Howabout good music never left, it just got buried a little
SHIT SHIT SHIT.
Spinning their wheels going nowhere fast. The whole thing is old, move on and make a difference in this world, pick up a book, be a parent to your kids, help your people out of this never-ending cycle of poverty and misery.
There's a black president in the white house FFS, aspire to something greater than throwing dice against an alley wall.
- Yeah, same goes for rock music, stop all the whinging and write songs about community service, eh?ThePublics
- There's a lot of fucked up shit goingo on in the world right now and they're still rapping about cars drugs and money._niko
- and bitches. can't forget the bitches._niko
- There's a lot of fucked up shit going on in the world but I'm still primarily concerned with drugs, money and bitches myself to be honest.ThePublics
- I mean, a pint, a spliff and some ass at the end of the day is somehow more appealing than pouring over debt crisis dataThePublics
- I used to love h.e.r. now hip hop's boring, stale and old. nothing new being said._niko
- living it and listening to someone rapping about the same old shit are two different things._niko
- "music is the soundtrack to our lives" - Dick ClarkThePublics
- A rat done bit my sister Nell.
(with Whitey on the moon)
-Gill Scott Herron_niko
- "Oink oink baby" - Albert "A.C." SlaterThePublics
dead implies that it is no longer alive and originating.
that video has no originating, although the aesthetic could potentially be enjoyable at times
Hip hop is like a mob movie.
It used to be amazing back in the day of the godfather, goodfellas, scarface, bronx tale ect, but now everything that comes out is a re-hashed watered down straight-to-video flick starring Richard Greico.
- I beg to differ - Gommora and A Prophet, both made in the last 3 years, are two of the best mob films ever made.ThePublics
- i'll agree but they're few and far between. But they are different the same way city of god was different._niko
- ie not the same old new york mob movie with a bunch of wise guys._niko
Hiphop is not dead, it just smells that way
this is a bit better, still dumb as hell but sort of funny, can't tell if they're being serious or not but the flow is at least interesting.
- Yeah, loving this kid! Can't lie... Music is all personal... It's like footy, you choose for life.necromation
- I grew up with hip hop & metal... Will do till I die!necromation
- thr first was a OE ad this one seems like colt45. hope they getting paidtredesigns
- w/o the video/image this shit is far from memorabletredesigns
Hip hop as an art form - yes, it's probably dead, the same way punk rock is dead. No one is creating anything new. Also Skrillex killed dubstep.
what the fuck is this???!!!
speaking of soul assassins and bringing h.h. back from the dead... these two need to reconnect, lol?
kids have lost the plot these days
- i'll tell you why... too many distractionsprophetone
- quick example... when i started to dj in the 90's, it was simple, 1200's, vinyl, vestax mixerprophetone
- do you have any idea how many djing options there are now? it's crazy.prophetone
- most allow you to simply skip the basics because they're almost all software-based... everyone is a dj nowprophetone
- lazy goddamn kids! get off my lawn! lolprophetone