- Last post
- 90 Responses
If its a Mighty Mouse, hold upside down and roll the wheel back and forth with cloth (press a bit).
Still think you should be talking to Apple on the other issues...
I hope Apple will sell OSX as a stand alone OS that can be installed on any computer, one day...
- didn't that try that with a previous os. and wasn't it horrible for the company.jtb26
- yep, all the mac clones in the mid-90's. Once Jobs came back on he put an end to it.arthur
- He put an end to it because all the clone companies sold faster machines with more RAM for less $.CyBrain
Don't be a douche-bag... PCs suck. All my friends bitch about their probs with PCs. I just bought the new 17" MAcbook Pro, runs like a champ. I have a 5 year old 17" Macbook Pro that also still works great! Never had any problems. Just because your A button pops off doesn't mean your computer sux, it means you bang on the keyboard like the Incredible Hulk.
wow - I had a g3 ibook for 4 years with no problems. (i actually still have it and it works pretty well, just runs slow with all the new software. I now use a 2 year old macbook pro with no problems at all.
Sounds like you just treat your computer poorly.
I've never seen a dell that hasn't taken a shit on it's owner.
Take it in to Apple and have them look at it? Did you buy Applecare?
Stop the crazy talk. Apple products might break occasionally but the PC is already broken when you get it.
I'm not an apple fanboy either....but jesus....what did you do to it?
That simply is not normal
Are you sure you didn't shit on it then throw it out of a moving vehicle?
PC users are white trash
Hold on.. I need to find it..
i have a 12" g4 powerbook that was my primary machine. built like 30+ magazines with it, countless print stuff, websites, music, video ripping, blah blah. basically i tortured the poor thing. ran like a sherman tank until the third party ram finally fried and it wigged out. i pulled that out, runs like a sherman tank. i use it now as a backup and for surf the interweb around the house, etc. love that lil' bastard.
so i don't know what you mean by 'overrated' really... and you know what though? sometimes shit breaks. i bet there's someone out there who has their f430 in the shop due to a blown oil gasket... and some other guy is complaining right now at dunkins because his donut has a hole in it. and i bet zzzzzzzzzzz......
My 10yo Powerbook Ti
My 20yo Porsche 911
Still run well and look good
It's about how you take care of it.
speaking of ferraris... some say the enzo overrated. mainly due it's price tag and pharrell. an amazing piece of machinery though right? well imagine the poor bastard who smelled 'something funny' while enjoying a nice afternoon boot through the vineyards. pulls over, 20 secs later this is his enzo... now that's something to complain about. whoops.
- nice grammers. one day i will learn to read it before posting it.prophet0NE
- "and pharrell" haha..KevinTx
- Get eating meat Bitchpillhead
- I once saw a red/blacksilverish ferrari from a bus on an italian motorway, half soaked in foam, fire engine next to it...raf
Macs wouldn't exist if PCs did what they were supposed to
Seriously, this is pure ignorance...I had a PC for a few years and recently switched so I know.
It's not fanboyism to say that Macs are just better designed and engineered, hands down. With a Mac I can tell it was built from the standpoint of actually delivering a good experience...with the PC I feel like I'm being sold a machine as a pretense to sell me anti virus software.
- i use vmware fusion w/ xp home for stuff. it's like an endless barrage of security updates and virus scan prompts.prophet0NE
- even if your update your anti-virus, there a ton of new stuff that your not protected against.akrokdesign
- CRITICAL - your security settings may be out of date! Would YOU like to start paying Norton $20/ month?ukit
- Option 1: Yes. Option 2: Remind me again in 10 minutes.ukit
- HATE THAT STUFF!akrokdesign
I have Sheep who ear does not work
These two vids made me ROFL
10 Seconds to hack a Mac
Miller has won the PWN2OWN contest the past two years. In 2008, he was able to gain control of a Leopard-based MacBook Air using a newly discovered vulnerability in Safari. That took him less than two minutes. This year, it only took him 10 seconds or so to exploit a hole in Safari on a MacBook running Leopard.
"I had a feeling that Mac was easier (to hack) than Windows," he said. "If I can find the Safari bug or exploit in a few days and it would take me 10 times as long for IE, why would I do that? I go after the easiest guy."
- thing is, real hackers still prefer to hack windowsraf
- probably due to the low market share mac has, right?jerseyred
- but I'm just messing, I don't give a shit, use what you wantraf
- Yeah, I think it's basically market share...if Mac had more users it would be targeted more, and obviously Apple would have to spend more on securityukit
- spend more on securityukit
- totally, no point in hacking a mac, low % of people use them compared to pc
- not anymore, it's actually a nice target, just hardly anyone's shooting. I'm surprised myselfraf
- ur right ukit - why would hackers waste time 2 hack an os w less users than another - less $, less reachjerseyred
- shoot away!
- I'm more interested in phreaking (after a link on here about the phone guys) seems fun