- Last post
- 781 Responses
In light of alnoves post which did not go in the right direction. I stand here pointing down the right route:
WHAT IS THE MOST RECENT
DESIGN INSPIRED OBJECT
YOU HAVE BOUGHT.
Me, I gave in and bought my GF a si Scott poster for her B'day:
And myself a supermundane poster:
I love detail
The ISO50 Obama print.
- same herecursiveshotgun
- you americans are sick.
sick = as in illmase
- no British person would buy a design print of their recently voted in PM. Its just wrong.mase
- although, respect like, I suppose. We all followed it like mad over here, I would have voted for Bama. ROW should really get a vote too considering.
- I bought that one as well.flickster
- but what are you gonna do with it when it turns out he doesn't do anything he sold you on?liveslow
- haha, odd timing. buy the poster after all the hype has diminished and he's failing.mnmlst
I love those two. I bought a Si Scott print a few months back.
- Have you received it?Dancer
- yup. this one:
The message is funny, but it's more about the lines. One of my favourite illustrators.Jaline
- my favourite illustrators. I almost bought one of those animal prints, like the one you bought.Jaline
- I didn't know Supermundane had a shop. Thanks.Jaline
$1,600 worth of office supplies from Staples.
- Wanna know why?blaw
- Because we opened the doors to our new design studio today! First day at my new desk.blaw
- nice. What are you calledDancer
- Get ready for the late nightsDancer
- Yaaaay! Go Blaw! Go Blaw!
Hut Hut Hut!
I expect big things, man.detritus
- Been working late for a while. Just decided to go from a one-man-show to a small corp.
- And thanks! It's pretty cool to see the work paying off.blaw
- YAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Fresh office smell :)Jaline
- nice one blaw.. good luck with that.skt
- post pics FFS!!! Congratulations!!OSFA
- i found your business card this weekend spring cleaning!doesnotexist
- Blaw, if your rollin like that now, I'll move to J town and work for you.mangosnot
- good for you man, the site looks nice.mrdobolina
- Thanks, all! You're very kind. We'll see how things go from here, but I'm really optimistic.blaw
- We've got another couple of rooms to wrap up on the building, but I'll have a pile of photos posted when it's done.blaw
- congrats brian! site is crisp and clean. good luck man.lvl_13
- congratulations and prospercapsize
- well done - best o'luck in all you do...DoktorDavid
8 sheets of 45cm x 60cm 2mm thick recycled board at 42p apiece.
A kneaded putty eraser.
Some scalpel blades.
Je suis avec le motherfucking rock.
I haven't used a putty rubber since my art college daysDancer
- what're you up to?Jaline
- Packaging concepts. Still. Complete turnaround over the weekend after getting some quotes for previous version :\detritus
- I kind of hoped the eraser purchase would confirm me as being a 'real' designer... but I'm just at art student level? :(detritus
I used to lose it all the time
- heh, it does make you seem more "genuine" :)Jaline
- the eraser that isDancer
Recently, I bought a bunch of books from YWFT, including this one:
...which I haven't opened yet but it's lovely.
- i have that to, good one.tank02
- Needs a better table of contents or some organizational structure, but it's still useful and pretty.Jaline
- yes and the dvd is a bit of a shame with the .mov files em...tank02
- +1 for the book!
-10 for the dvd!decisionman
- i thought the print job on that book was subpar.Douglas
- I managed to buy this during my 3pm lull (when your eyes drop off to sleep) I forgot all about it until it arrivedDancer
- +1. This is a great book.Ampersanderson
- the best logo book I've seen in ages. Why? Because they're all good work! None of that dos logos crapBaskerviIle
- Great book, glad to own it.2cents
- Just placed the order... had to find the review on the site, but it looks good.Mellimelvin
- I have this but haven't gone through everything yet.Jaline
- yep, bookshelved this one.....pull it out for inspiration/ideas from time to timeFizik
- yeah best logo book by far, really well designed and categorised as well
- has some nice history on a few of the logos too.dearhead
- Yeah I have this one too, I liked the inside of the cover too!CodenameAM
- who is the author?nasigoreng
- Love this book!slappy
Just arrived on friday. http://www.kozyndan.com/new_port…
- how much?kinross
- Almost bought this. I may still do it but I'm running out of space :(Jaline
- @Kinross - $15+p&p. http://www.kozyndan.…
- Really nice print quality too.jamble
- jamble got there :)Jaline
- I love that print, I have no space for anything anymore and I am in the new print exchange, duh!mrdobolina
- looks like this painting I saw in my university text...
lovely Japanese stuff.hiimerik
- I have that print in my collection!
- we all dofooler2
- That's on my kitchen wall. It's sweet!bananaman
They're great dancer, the si scott one is gorgeous. Where did you buy them from?
Last design thingy I bought, my wireless router? Does that count?
Or an issue of 'Wire' cos I liked the cover design. Sad, but I can't think of anything else.
- or here?
- £145 on the first site £40 on the second? Is that second one legit? Seems to be a much nicer site too.ian
- why is it so much cheaper? weird.Jaline
- Cosh is an official reseller listed at Si's site. Anyway, I'm buying the cheaper one. Must be legit.Jaline
- Maybe it's smaller or doesn't come with the certificate of authenticity. But that's still a huge price difference.Jaline
- Maybe, but I don't need a cert for £105. seems like a steal to me.ian
- they are a2, they do come with certificate also they are edition of 100alnove
the Si Scott fish print is beautiful!!
- Ahhh that is beautiful!OSFA
- I always ponder whether or not I should buy this stuff. But I decide against it since I don't know much about NY.Jaline
- well..I know some stuff but I don't care to have a subway system map. I feel like it has to have some use to me.Jaline
- Were these not going for about $200 a go? I remember QBN linking to it, via a men's magazine or something? Expensive!scribbler
- I don´t like itmoamoa
- It was $299 at CondeNast. Not bad considering the original 1972 map sells for $200+ on ebay.Duane
- And although it's not totally useful, it is a piece of design history that will gain value.Duane
- I've always loved subway maps :PLillebo
- perfect examples where looks come before function.pr2
I bought a macbook air
- hmm will walk over to Magma on the way home, since I'm working in town todaymimeartist
- £29.99. they are beautiful magazines. more like books really, and typeset in japanese. beautiful. I bought my bf a Jan Tschiold one for crimbo which is beautiful too.scribbler
- I bought this in hardback, think i paid about £80 for it. Gorgeous. Was just looking at it last week, nearly forgot I had it.ian
- have you got the original? Apparently they scanned in a copy of the original (no plates or artwork available) and re-issued it.scribbler
- re-issued it.scribbler
- I have the re-scanned hardback. Think I might have gotten it from you work for them, a few years ago.ian
- by the way, magma is for toffee nosed wankersyardshid
- Magma is awesome, i wish i could afford to buy all it's stock and spend weeks reading through it all in a happy pile of happiness....booya