- Last post
- 8 Responses
What did you guys think of the pilot episode??
Opening scene is intense.
i feel like the watchmen movie was a failure because the director (snyder i think?) used the frame of reference of the wrong character (owl instead of rorschach)
this seems wrong because it's using the rorschach figure as an inspiration for a villain instead of the central narrative of truth, again setting this up for failure (at least within the context of moore's original vision)
i dunno this felt... a little gimmicky, and a little liberal in terms of bias / slant. also, in terms of cultural appropriation, it is hil-fucking-larious that they made it white people vs cops instead of cops vs black people in this reality lollllll
- What culture was being appropriated?Nairn
- the appropriation of a uniquely african-american problem, cast with white people.ben_
- Personally think the movie was flat because Moore wasn't involved and it could have easily been a trilogy. The story was truncated and characters not given theben_
- room to breathe.ben_
- Without Alan Moore to write, it was just a bit shit. Hope it gets better.PhanLo
I don't know the graphic novels at all.. but, I really enjoyed it.
Two things that I'm assuming are:
- The servants are robots, correct?
- The chief was actually a secret semi-bad guy? Maybe playing both sides? Assuming that because: the foreboding shot of the picture of him and his dad, the book on his desk 'Under the Hood' which I guess could go either way, and the old guy seemingly proud that he was there while the Chief was XXXX (major spoiler)
- Old guy in the wheelchair was the kid who escaped as a child?
Crazy, that Black Wall Street massacre actually happened.
I thought it was made up.
Really liking the mood/tone of this; feels refreshing without being obnoxious or overly reliant on visual(s). The (new) Watchmen universe is slowly unfolding...
...1/2 done S01E02.
It's getting better with each episode...
really like where they've gone with Agent Blake
The cast for the Greengrass film would have been amazing.