- Last post
- 14 Responses
At the risk of flame and wrath....how is this done?
I just got asked, yes, I didn't know...etc etc...
after effects, 3D stroke.
That image of the hand is than tracked to the stroke.
The image of the hand drawing is still image.
- Ah and then using the camera in AE to pan from scene to scenetank02
- you don't need 3d stroke just strokelodef
- its actually not even stroke its just illustrated then masked and animated to reveal as the hand moveslodef
- you could actually use stroke as a matte layer then animate the start/end of the stroke to reveallodef
- i think thats what tank meant in the first placelodef
- or notlodef
- yup, or really drawn with a wacom, and have a bezier, very easy to animate than...tank02
OK....I don't really give a fuck. But, I find out how it's done, I tell the guy who asked, he finds someone with that skill in their arsenal and they get a paid job.
Thanks Tank02 + albums....appreciate it.
In the video you posted, the whole drawing is done in advance and then "revealed" with the animation software. It's sort of the shitty cheap version of what RSA Animate does.
Much better, but a bit more time to do:
ok pretty sure in AE do this... 1. preillustrated image 2. draw lines that follow the illustration 3. apply stroke to the lines and animate them start>end 4. use the layer from step 3 as a matte and apply it to the illustrated image 5. animate the hand to follow the lines from step 2
this suggests they do it frame by frame on a whiteboard ...
STEP 4: FILM & EDIT YOUR VIDEO
Once we have sign-off on the images and audio we will film the drawings. Everything we do is hand-drawn, no tricks or costly animation. Then we edit the footage to sync with the audio.
the first video seems animated though, not sure what would be more costly. depends i guess.
A bunch of people do this for $5 on Fiverr. There are plugins for AE or separate applications that allow you to do this very easily.
- 5$? lol. i doubt there are special plugins or software that does this its just a quick techniquelodef
- Hue posted what I was talking about. There are programs that make this super easy.orrinward2
- Do you still doubt me?orrinward2
- What a cunt to do that for $5.mikotondria3
if thats all masking and tracking, fuck that noise.
would be easier to just shoot someone actually drawing it.
Just easier to draw it and film it, then just add some extra bits (heads popping up etc in AE)
Would be way more time consuming to do it any other way.
Feel sorry for the poor fucker who has to draw them though
I do not doubt you anymore orrinward2, its sort of a gimmicky clip art software...