- Last post
- 21 Responses
Deserves its own thread.
Earth has been ravaged by an alien race seemingly determined to destroy humanity. Seventy years later, Earth is banded together to prevent their own annihilation from a technologically superior alien species. Andrew "Ender" Wiggin, the third child of a brilliant family is a quiet but genius boy, whom may become the savior of the human race. He is separated from his beloved sister and his terrifying brother. Brought to a special school, a battle school in deep space. He will be tested and honed into an empathetic killer who begins to despise himself as he learns to fight in hopes of saving Earth.
Written by: Orson Scott Card
The Ender Saga:
reading order of the Ender Wiggin books
Movie: Ender's Game, scheduled to be released in Nov 2013
Director: Gavin Hood
Screenplay: Orson Scott Card
Ender and Bean
"The enemy's gate is always down"
Excited and nervous at the same time for the upcoming film.
A fascist little turd of a book written by a fascist little turd.
Looking forward to this!
I'm on book three of the quintet. I knew I had to read the books before the movie hit. I made that mistake with Game of Thrones - I watched first two seasons before picking up one of the books and I was sorry I did!
This was one of my favorite books when I was like, 7. I always imagined it would make a great movie, but I knew deep down that nobody would EVER make it the way it's written. I still think that today, 25 years later, even with all the special effects technology, that they're going to fuck the whole thing up and leave out any shred of what made you care about Ender in the first place. There's no way they'll make it as brutal or as real as I remember. Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to seeing them prove me wrong.
Orson Scott Card is just a backwards hick.
- big time Mormon too, right?monospaced
- oh yeah... Wiki says his great-grandfather was THE Brigham Young.monospaced
- it's kind of weird when intelligent people take radical standsLlyod
- actually it's not radical.Llyod
- also not that weirdmonospaced
- it's odd when you find an intelligent backwards hick thoughmonospaced
although I detest his political opinions, and find his position on gay marriage (and homosexuality in general) fairly insane, i have to say i absolutely LOVE the enders game books. I also had a chance to meet him back in 1999...he was doing a book signing at a sc-fi bookstore in Toronto called Bakka Books (where Corey Doctorow once worked, dontcha know) anyhow, Orson Scott Card was an absolute gentleman, and just super funny to chat with...
- that's what I'm worried about... in my imagination it was more military, less spy kidsmonospaced
- maybe the screenshots are from a flashback when the characters were kids...Miguex
- I mean.. I see those screenshots and I can't understand why everyone is getting hyped on it, story must be INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLEMiguex
- be INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLEMiguex
- Story truly IS incredibly incredible. Just check it out, it's a fun read.monospaced
- "when the characters were kids" they ARE kids throughout the whole storyhereswhatidid
I started reading this with my 7 year old. I had no idea there was so much fucking racism in the book
I think id rather read the book. There is probably less CGI in it.
this was fuckin good
the book was great... loved reading it and if you enjoyed it I recommend the next book in the series...
I kind of expected the film to be a mess even though it had Han Jones in it... at worst it felt a bit quickened / hastened... too much story to jam into such little time... loved everything about the film except that
movie was not bad. Couldn't get over how sissy the main protagonist were about few things tho.
Just caught it. Liked it.
Did it really need to take a one of a kind genius to figure out that if you kill the mother/queen ship, the others will drop? being that the species was insectoid, it seemed obvious. This has been going on in other sic-fi movies for decades. Seemed to be a sort of anti-twist in my opinion.
- You may have missed the point of the book/movie.d_rek
- I want to respond to this but I'll further your spoiler :/PonyBoy
- ha... what drek said :) It wasn't really about Ender's genius... at all... Read the next book Speaker for the Dead!!PonyBoy
- I was actually talking about Mazer.dopepope