- Last post
- 18 Responses
You have more than one (like 3-5) great personal projects you want to work on but there is always so much time in the day + working at the JOB work? How do you guys prioritize? I realize everyone's process is going to be different - it just feels like I was lacking in any real personal ideas or design projects for a while, and lately they're just coming out of nowhere.
1. write that shit down
2. start the one you seem most likely to lose interest in while gathering assets and research materials for the others so they'll be ready to go once you finish
3. haul ass while you've got momentum
- #3 - I try so hard to do this. Working on a new project I can't wait to share with you guys soon. Trying to find that momentum.mg33
- I find it for being grateful for what you have and remembering your own mortality. Seriously. Hang out around a hospital.identity
- around a hospital for a few hours.identity
- Hell, we live in the same city - we can sit in Northwestern's waiting room together.identity
- nice site identity!mg33
- wesbite? It needs an update terribly, but thanks!identity
1. Figure out which one is the coolest/most important
2. Work smart on it, not hard
3. Haul ass
Though, I feel like I'm having a hard time putting the ideas into a hierarchy of what I want to do first. Have you ever written them down to say "I'll work on project 1 on monday and thursday - project 2 on tuesday and friday" and project 3 on wednesday and saturday"?
If so, how has this method worked?
I'm not ADHD - but I feel like I can't really sit down on one project because it feels like I'm neglecting the other two.
^ i do one at a time because i tend to really immerse myself in things.
this makes it more likely though that i'll lose interest in one or more of the others while i'm working on one of them, so i do the one that's most likely to happen to first.
i also know that i go through stages of mania where i'm super productive and focused and that it only lasts a couple weeks so i gotta haul ass before that steam runs out
this is all just me though
If one of the projects is a time machine - go for that one first :)
(and please share)
Put it off for years and let despair slowly crush every last atom of ambition you once had.
I do my best to do the very least at my real job without raising red flags, tell the girlfriend she might just have to stay away (sex and stupid tv shows are distracting, plus I don't like either when I'm stressed with projects), and hunker down designing.
I just forget about all that work stuff and masturbate.
spend less time on qbn and do some actual work
The trick is to find a way to work on the important, not the impatient....i.e. what's great for your future, rather than what's screaming at you now...
Ask yourself which of these personal ideas may make you enough future $$ so that you don't have to take "any" paid project that comes along... the multiple streams of income thing can give you great peace of mind....
I think having a special outfit you put on when you want to be productive is a great idea. Maybe a cape, or tight spandex.
do a few lines and get all of it done tonight
Personally & professionally.
I would agree with above comment about writing your ideas down, like in a sketchbook. Then, even if you are working on the "best/important" idea first you can always come back later and explore those ideas that didn't get your attention at the time but still have merit. Especially when you're in a period of "minimal" creative juice flow. Also, haul ass.
"Time" doesn't exist.
You could be doing 1 of those 5 projects right now instead of looking @ this thread.