- Last post
- 75 Responses
Atrocity Alert: Dwight Howard. Here's a guy who demanded a trade (try to demand a transfer with the guy who pays you) all year, shut down for the last third of the season, complained loudly about everything, had his coach fired, trashed his ownership, signed an extension, then said he claimed he didn't know what he was doing and was 'blackmailed,' and is now demanding a trade again, but only to the team of his choice. That team, incidentally, has no championship aspirations, only the potential for more endorsements revenue. Those of you who need an NBA villain, he's ready made. And dude can't even hit a free-throw.
What a douche!
Omer Asik from the Chicago Bulls got an offer from the Rockets for 25 million dollars. IDK what's going on
Howard is actually not a great player. He's only popular because we're at a point in the NBA where there are so few good 7+ footers, so even average guys are becoming sought after.
Look at Tyson Chandler on the Knicks. The guy has NO shooting ability. All he does is dunk the ball. He cant even really do layups. Decent free throw shooter though, and he was on a championship team. In the 80s or 90s he would have been a liability.
- Cracks me up he wants to go to the Nets. Guess he has no desire to win a ring.CygnusZero4
- he wants to hang out with jay-zdijitaq
- Yep he's going there to be in NY, hang out with rappers, wear a cool black uniform. All about image, not championships.CygnusZero4
- Or he wants to go there anyway. No idea if he actually is.CygnusZero4
- You know Tyson Chandler had the highest field goal percentage in the NBA last year right?
- Just jamming. Of course it would be high.CygnusZero4
- And he was defensive player of the year... On what team would he be a liability?scrameone
- You obviously don't play basketball or watch it if you think having the highest field goal percentage is easyGlitterati_Duane
- Most guys in the NBA can dunk easily. It's dunking while being defended that's hard.Glitterati_Duane
- Find me a lot of big guys on championship team from the 80s and 90s that just got by dunking,CygnusZero4
- Would have been a liability on the Bulls. Definitely on the Rockets and 90s Knicks.CygnusZero4
- Definitely on the Pacers of the 90s. Needed the jumper back then. The game is different now.CygnusZero4
- Yes. It is more athletic, so playing defense is harder. Players are moving faster.scrameone
- Any coach is gonna tell you to take the highest percentage shot. Dunk's are high percentage. If the dunk's there why take jumpers?Glitterati_Duane
Yeah he's taken over for LeBron for biggest jackass at this point in time I think.
i can't stand howard... so 2-faced and pretty overrated, i think. back in the mid-late 90s when big men reigned, he'd barely be in the top 10 centers. also, when you consider how weak that position has become, if he was really dominant, his numbers should be way, way higher. imagine what shaq would have done in this era. there's no comparison.
i caught an orlando game this year and started heckling him calling him chicken legs during big baby's free throws. went something like:
me: chicken legs! dwight don't forget to work out your legs too!
dwight: *looks over and flexes his arms*
me: those are arms! legs dwight... legs!!
Hawks are having a fire sale...wonder if they can trade the whole team?
heard nets are offering five players for joe johnston
Supposedly done. And if so, thank god. Can't believe there are two franchies dumb enough to pay Joe that kind of money. Glad he's off the Hawks.
- Can you please tell your Hawks to trade Josh Smith to my Kings? We need a SF badly.sublocked
- I hope they can talk him into staying. I'll tell them you'll take Marvin Williams instead.Chief
- Sadly, Marvin Williams would be an upgrade over Donte Green and John Salmonssublocked
- Oh, wow. I just read we shipped him to Utah. Holy shit. What a Monday.Chief
- Josh Smith is a cancer. All he does is start trouble and he's not that great. Noone should want a guy like that.CygnusZero4
- not that great? dude tore it up in the playoffs this yearsublocked
raptors are offering steve nash 3 years, $34 m
Nash might take that. He wants to go to the Knicks but they dont have even close to that kind of money to spend. I think they can off 3mil a year to him. Lol
Knicks should just stick with Lin and develop him, and try to get another good PG. With Lin they dont need a Nash, they just need another guy that's capable. They died when Lin got hurt and Davis has about 19 injuries in the playoffs.
And Joe Johnson is seriously overrated. The Nets are desperate. He's been good in spurts but he's never really been a top player on a consistent basis.
there was an interesting b.s. report the other day on why the raptors should overpay to get nash. seems like a good fit and makes a lot of sense for both nash and the team.
Nash is still playing at a pretty high level, but I doubt it will last much longer. He's getting old and could start running into some injuries. Seems risky to give him 3 or 4 years.
Now the Lakers are offering Artest and Bynum for Howard. Can NBA teams stop jumping into the Howard game and confusing that guy even more?
I definitely think the Lakers should try to dump Artest. He just seems like a distraction to a team trying to get another ring before Kobe retires.
Bynum isnt a big loss. He's injured a lot and is very up and down, and also has a temper problem like Artest.
imagine that lineup
sessions, bryant, barnes, gasol, howard
looks like steve nash is headed to the lakers