- Last post
- 30 Responses
This come to mind somehow
Im pretty sure they hang alot of gay men in Iran.
the great gay conspiracy theory
The photography of the hanged people looks almost Art Directed
Gay "man"? Then why are there "men" pictured?
Also, I think I've seen that photo months before Obama's endorsement.
"Isna said the men were also convicted of robbery and kidnapping.
Three other people were also executed on the same day on charges related to drug-dealing, rape and robbery.
It is believed that the execution of the three men is the first time for many years that any Iranians have been given death sentences on the basis of their sexuality."
In Russia when News says it going to be sunny everyone takes umbrellas to work.
I've seen pictures of those cranes with the people hanged every time Iran kills sentences someone to death, at least on spanish newspapers / media.
it boggles my tiny little mind trying to understand why people think they have any right to regulate other people's consensual sexuality.
we're a weird, often very stupid, species.
You would think republicans and the far right would be more cool with Iran
they hang them with sandals?
Obama just gave a lip service to the gay community and everyone who is sympathetic to them for political points. This shit is just junk for the political thread.
- He went on ABC and said what everyone else thinks anyway so everyone pats him on the back like a big champion of human rights. its bullshit and the sheep are eating.uuuuuu
- ...rights. Its bullshit and the sheep eat it.uuuuuu
- take your shit elsewhere thendoesnotexist
Biden started it lol
What I found really interesting is how all this stuff ends up on Facebook (where I heard about all this in the first place) and how they can manipulate the sheep with all this...
uuuuu: "What everyone else thinks anyway"
Just over 50% of people in the US believe gays should be able to get married. That's hardly "everyone".
He came out to make a statement because he felt obligated to because of Biden's statement days prior.
- everyone in his demographic market. Why not say it somewhere it matters instead of primetime audiences.uuuuuu
- "Obama just gave a lip service to the gay community and everyone who is sympathetic to them for political points."uuuuuu
- So if he gave it to his base, then what difference is it going to make anyway come election time?CanHasQBN
- in other words he said it for everyone who agrees with it not because he means it or is going to do somethinguuuuuu
- Do you think gays were lining up to vote for Mitt before this?CanHasQBN
- Its empty rhetoric. Gayness is just a political button the polticians and media are pushing. They don't consider it a real issue.uuuuuu
- ....a real issue.uuuuuu
- you know what kool aid is?uuuuuu
- it isn't a real issue. But he felt obligated to make a statement.CanHasQBN
- Even to Obama it's probably a non issue. It's the media and society that blows it up to give it a false sense of importance.CanHasQBN
- kind of important to people that are gay though.doesnotexist
- relative to the other problems in this world? Economy's crashing? Environment?CanHasQBN
- Gay rights are important, but they will inevitably come to be available through natural progress.CanHasQBN
- It's a slow fight, like every social issue and doesn't require the immediate urgency like the global economy does.CanHasQBN
Civil Unions should be open to all... people act like if what goes in a civil union is rewriting the textx of their personal bullshit religion.
Goddammit, Iranians aren't savages, they just live by different sets of rules. ffs fifty years ago, homosexuality was still a crime in most of the now modern countries.
Everyone can pretends it's all kumbaya and peace and love in the world, but we do not leave in an utopia were everyone is accepted and loved because of his sexuality, skin color or even geographical vaginal expulsion. No we wage wars for the most futile of reasons.
look at the fuckn numbers, we should be against death penalty worldwide, not just when it includes gays.
Can we stop cherry picking our outrages.