- Last post
- 269 Responses
http://www.nikebetterworld.com is the first scrolling HTML site I had ever seen. But slowly I've been stumbling across more and more of them.
Wondering just how many more of these kinds of sites are out there. Not planning on designing my own, but I am interested in seeing more, and hearing what y'all have to say about 'em.
pffff... I forgot, trolls run QBN.
- & just who the fuck are you Greg M Washington?ideaist
- QBN is an open forum; expect open answers; correct & incorrect... relevant & irrelevant...ideaist
- Yeah, and it's also a free country, doesn't mean I go around talking shit just cause I can.gregmwashington
- he has a point ideaist... take the high road... be nicetopic
- Fair enough...ideaist
- i see what you did there, ideaist! and i don't mind itscruffics
- +1 GregHAYZ1LLLA
- He bumped your thread increasing your odds of getting what you want. Learn2internetcarianoff
Fad or not, that nike site is pretty awesome. Not sure how well it would work on a e-commerce site, but it works well in this context.
Nike did it exceptionally well using the parallax effect. The screen printing site is quite clever with the png masking.
- yes, i kinda remember this based on another discussion here a year or two ago. nike just refreshed its applicationbulletfactory
- The css/html bag of tricks seems more limited than Action-scripted alternatives...ideaist
- Agreed, ideaist. Whilst there are some cute things going on here, Flash/AS is still dominating for visual effectsContinuity
- It seems the aim of flash is to bring interactive television like quality whereas html/css is making print interactive...ideaist
- 2 sub-mediums within the overall digital medium...ideaist
- Yup; anyways... : )... Fuckin' mondays!ideaist
- I suddenly remembered how Nintendo was making a huge deal of parallax/Mode 7 (as they called it) games on the SNES ...Continuity
the future of site design.. scroll that shit left/right or scroll it up down.. :)
be the bodyguard and nike sites are probably the nicest sites I've seen in html..
The only problem is that 99% of the sites that scroll are slow as shit..even with Firefox 4
LOL at campaign monitor - can't even rip something off without fucking it up.