- Last post
- 66,586 Responses
A little update on a Tuesday afternoon while I sip coffee outside on our deck.
I was let go on a Wednesday, had 3 interviews Thursday, 3 on Friday, 2 more on the following Tuesday. By Wednesday I had landed a freelance from home job for 40hrs of my time. By Thursday I had accepted an offer at a household name company 15min from my home.
I busted ass and finished the freelance job so this week I get to relax and finish a few small to-dos around the house while I wait to start my new contract on the 18th.
I guess I didn't realize how shitty I felt working at my last gig. I was irritable, restless, anxious,... now, I'm a totally different person and I feel absolutely amazing.
Bonus point... I still get 6 more weeks of severance while I get paid for the freelance and new job. And yes, I'm enjoying watching my old company drown. :)
- Although, painting our new closet turned seating area is straight bullshit and I'd rather pay some college dope to do it for $50 and a case of Bush Lightkona
- Thank you Hayoth!kona
- nice job kona. things sometimes happen for the better like right now for you.capn_ron
- awesome! well deservedGnash
- Don't worry... you'll feel shitty again in a few months! (just kidding maybe).BK
- Now is the part where I get to say "I told you so!"nocomply
- Selling candy, getting money.jaylarson
- damn bro...couldn't be happier for you!!!!exador1
- I, for one, am glad to your old gruff but lovable self!robotron3k
- *you're backrobotron3k
- nice - congrats!pedromendez
- Nothing's beats watching them fall.
*cuz "drawn" is a bit too soon...pango
- fucking a - well donemugwart
- thanks all!
I just got the box of my stuff after 3 weeks and I open it to find quite a few pieces broken and pictures bent... fuckerskona
- kept my jambox and iphone 6 too. time to throw a flaming bag of poo at their officekona
- right on man. congrats.fyoucher1
- Loving your selfrobthelad
- Nice one Broham! Knew you would land on your feet! You have come a long way from the hobo stabbin days!spendogg
- awesome Kmoldero
- I shouldn't be, but i'm actually genuinely annoyed on your behalf about the treatment of your personal items.
Glad to hear you're feeling the benefitdetritus