- Last post
- 12 Responses
Welcome to the new Denny's. What a bold leap for the all American greasy spoon.
- ben_ 0
Okay, someone needs to redo Cracker Barrel's website now so I have two places with nice websites to eat at on my drives down south now.
- i_monk 0
- Andrew_D 0
Does anyone who moderates this site fucking read it?
- I'm sure QBN has their unpaid interns "skim" the site...ideaist
- QBN is a shell and we are merely feathers floating around itdetritus
- A lot of people who visit this site don't give a fuck about the dribble you guys spout over here on the left.MarleyMarl
- HAHAH Sorry guys. I'm usually good about doing a search before I post but even I'm not perfect.Paul
- I was harsh, sorry Paul.Andrew_D
- gramme 0
It's rather heavy on the yellow, but besides that I think it's fantastic. Interesting architecture/interaction.
Too bad their food still tastes like fried preservatives.
- dbloc 0
- fugged 0
meh. runs like shit.
- gramme 0
- gramme 0
- OSFA 0
I've seen a few attempts to rip this concept already on sites and I know there will be many mire to come soon... Why can;t fucking people just do something on their own instead of copying everything they see and like??
- hrm. from my persepctive, this Denny's site's doing the same sort of thing I do with sites, only more so.detritus
- Which is to say, it's a general 'trend' (though, I believe, one trenched in practicality), not something Denny's have madedetritus
- yes, but you can;t help to notice sites that redesign overnight after seeing this Denny's one. I've witnessed personally and makes me angry...
- it personally and it pisses me off. Specially when every fresh and creative concept and proposal was scratched to simply 'copy' insteadOSFA
- simply copy instead.OSFA
- Post links.dMullins
- I'm tempted to do it... but they're not ready yet...OSFA
- e-pill 0
- wordsinyourmouth3 0
Here's one that looks like a slightly inspired concept http://www.incub.ro/#page-home nav wise to Denny's. Definitely not a rip though. The navigation concept for Denny's was explored and designed back in early October of last year. I personally hadn't seen anything exactly it back then when I was working on it. There were a few flash sites I drew inspiration from. However, that's not to say Denny's really has anything that extraordinary going on. It's just very different for a corporate site. We all have been guilty of drawing inspiration from various sites (myself included). That's just how progress works in this industry. I think it's ok to draw inspiration from something you've already seen as long as you push it a bit and try and to morph it into something a little different. If you do that enough with one concept it will end up with a very different feel in the end. (hopefully)
Just my 2cents :)